Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1660140717038.png

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I really like this deal a lot. If he can stay healthy I fine he will be an excellent depth player.

I know probably many will disagree (and that is okay) but to me he is one of the most intriguing prospects we have.
I like him a lot too. I feel like he could develop into one of those low profile utility guys who is just a solid piece for years. Not flashy but needed on a successful team.

He really has to stay healthy though

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Better be ready to produce and stay healthy. Seems like he's got a spot in the bottom 6, expecting good things.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Looks like Chevy's cell reception at the cottage gets better when he needs to deal with cheap RFA signings :laugh:

All kidding aside, really looking forward to seeing him stick around in our bottom 6. I'd really like to see 3 scoring lines + shutdown line this season, and Gus could help fulfill that.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I really like this deal a lot. If he can stay healthy I fine he will be an excellent depth player.

I know probably many will disagree (and that is okay) but to me he is one of the most intriguing prospects we have.
Under-rated definitely but needs to be healthy to prove it. Good for Jets bottom half immediate future.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'm surprised the first year is a two way deal. That's essentially the same kind of contract Capobianco got, same $ as Reichel, who was two way for both years. Still a chance he could be demoted, whether it be injury or performance. I hope Gustafsson makes it on the opening day lineup, like to see what he could bring as a full time player.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm surprised the first year is a two way deal. That's essentially the same kind of contract Capobianco got, same $ as Reichel, who was two way for both years. Still a chance he could be demoted, whether it be injury or performance. I hope Gustafsson makes it on the opening day lineup, like to see what he could bring as a full time player.

Looks like a standard bridge to a young player with promise that has yet to stick.

He could be terrific value for it if he can come in and cement himself as a good defensive C with some offense and the ability to PK.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Looks like a standard bridge to a young player with promise that has yet to stick.

He could be terrific value for it if he can come in and cement himself as a good defensive C with some offense and the ability to PK.
It surprised me because usually the bridges the Jets have signed with players who graduated from the Moose, like Appleton, Harkins or Stanley, were one way contracts, at the lower end value.

I think the 4c job is his to win in camp, but it won't come without competition. The ability to PK is important. He and Reichel had success last year with the Moose, and I wonder with coaches that probably don't have a set roster in their minds already, if these young guys will get a legit chance to have an impact.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I like Gus and really hope he can have a relatively injury free season. He might be the kind of player that does well with the new coaching staff. Perhaps the 4th line center that can play up the lineup at times. Solid faceoff guy that likely gets regular PK time.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I know people want to see him as 4C but I’d really like to give him a season riding shotgun with 17 and 22. He’s the Lowry replacement; learn first hand from the guy

Reactions: 10Ducky10

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Just wondering, surixon, if you see a spot for Gus on the team in a few years? We’re gonna be getting Bedard next year and signing Matthews and McDavid as UFAs too. So with Perfetti already holding down the 4C spot, I’m not sure there’s gonna be space for Gus unfortunately.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just wondering, surixon, if you see a spot for Gus on the team in a few years? We’re gonna be getting Bedard next year and signing Matthews and McDavid as UFAs too. So with Perfetti already holding down the 4C spot, I’m not sure there’s gonna be space for Gus unfortunately.

🤣 maybe he might make it as the water boy lol

• Haha
Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad