David Fredriksson - Blues prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitaraholic*

To any and all who have seen him play (hello, Mr.Zzzz....) can you provide a scouting report for those of us interested? Does he have NHL potential? Strengths, weaknesses, etc. Again and as always much appreciated.

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
guitaraholic said:
To any and all who have seen him play (hello, Mr.Zzzz....) can you provide a scouting report for those of us interested? Does he have NHL potential? Strengths, weaknesses, etc. Again and as always much appreciated.

This report is my report on him from November, 2003.

Notes

David Fredriksson is a late 85 born player who plays for the HV-71 Junior-A team. He is currently in his second season with the junior team where he is expected to take on a big role this season as the teams leading offensive weapon. But he hasn’t fore filled the expectations so far, as he only has scored 6 goals and 2 assists in 13 games.

Scouting Report

David is a big forward who has a very good skating ability. He has a quick first stride and is well balanced. He also possesses good top speed and is very agile regarding his big size. He has average hockey sense and isn’t really very impressive. He can make the easy plays and is solid defensively but he lacks that extra gear when in the offensive zone. He also has to use his big body more effectively as he has the ability to run over every player in the league. His puck handling skills aren’t overwhelming either, as he tends to loose the control of the puck when at high speed. His shot is hard but not very accurate nor quick.

Projection

I was very disappointed by his performance as I was expecting big thing from him this season. David is a big player but who unfortunately doesn’t have big time potential. He has already made his Elitserien debut but I don’t think that he’ll come much further than that. For now he looks like a late rounder at best (just because of his size and skating) but if he can somehow impress by playing with the Swedish U-20 national team his stock might rise a bit.

December, 2003 Update

David Fredriksson, RW, HV-71, has played a few games in Elitserien and has showed much more that he did in the Junior-A. He was much more aggressive and forchecked hard all night. His skating and his huge frame separated him from the other players. He doesn’t have game breaking offensive skills, but could very well become a solid grinder in the NHL. If he continues to work hard and play as aggressive as he has in the last couple of games, than he might be worth a late round pick. He is another interesting player to keep an eye on during the second half of the season.

Hope that this helps you out!

guitaraholic*

greatly appreciated by myself and all other Blues fans, Mr. Zzzz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->