David de Gea and Munain Implicated in sexual assault?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
According to German media (original sources are Spanish, of course) de Gea got scratched from the roster already. Can someone confirm?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Many of them also just so happen to be very dumb.

Sure. For many of them, a big part of it has to do with the fact that their life has revolved around kicking a ball around religiously where they train for such a long duration of time where they don't barely have time to do anything else. Same goes for any high-level athlete, really. They're very rarely intellectual people.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

"I am the first surprise with this news. I want to deny it. It is a lie and a falsehood"

Last edited by a moderator:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
So De Gea is accused of organizing the meeting but not taking part, so would that mean he helped the two other players reach out to Torbe?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What I'm not getting is De Gea being the central figure in the press? Don't get me wrong, it's abominable if he organized this and he should be prosecuted. But shouldn't the perpetrators of the assault be front and center here? Is it just because he has more star power?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What I'm not getting is De Gea being the central figure in the press? Don't get me wrong, it's abominable if he organized this and he should be prosecuted. But shouldn't the perpetrators of the assault be front and center here? Is it just because he has more star power?

Isn't DDG the only one who's at the euros?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Interesting how they are doing this differently than France and the Benzema case, where the NT didn't include Benzema in the squad even though the investigation was still ongoing.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Interesting how they are doing this differently than France and the Benzema case, where the NT didn't include Benzema in the squad even though the investigation was still ongoing.

Key difference of course that Benz had done wrong to one of his teammates, whom the rest of the team supported, not (allegedly) to a stranger.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Key difference of course that Benz had done wrong to one of his teammates, whom the rest of the team supported, not (allegedly) to a stranger.

Yes but the DDG allegations still bring to much negativity, press and scrutiny around the NT.
They would be better off without him if they want to focus on the tournament

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Yes but the DDG allegations still bring to much negativity, press and scrutiny around the NT.
They would be better off without him if they want to focus on the tournament

They'd still get scrutiny and possibly discord among players if they kicked him out on the eve of the tournament.

That and they have less experience with locker room drama than the French team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad