David Broll

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
How about David Broll. I have to admit that before tonights game I wasn't even aware of him. But I am liking what I have seen so far. He seems to be strong, gritty and skilled. He has made several good plays. I know this is a small sample but he looks good.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
I missed the first period but from what I saw of the rest of the game, Broll looked like he belonged. Even Leivo looked pretty good. Those guys and Ashton and Devane know they are playing for limited spots when the big names come back, so they are really bringing it, it seems.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
He's going to be a staple in the bottom six imo. Has all the makings of a great 4th liner and potential third liner if he can improve offensively.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'm liking that some of these tough enforcers can make a play... much more useful then dumb ass orr (although I respect Orr as a person for his effort) but he just sucks

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Has broll overtaken biggs as a prospect?

Yep. I think there are 4 draftees (maybe more) from the 2011 draft who are ahead of Biggs on the prospect list at the moment: Broll, Leivo, Percy, Nilsson, maybe Cameranesi. Biggs isn't necessarily a washout, it just appears that the Leafs had a great 2011 draft. Fans get too caught up on draft position.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I'm liking that some of these tough enforcers can make a play... much more useful then dumb ass orr (although I respect Orr as a person for his effort) but he just sucks

Care to explain. And please don't say it's because he doesn't score enough goals.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
He's quite impressive. He's a work in progress, he obviously knows how to fight but in the upcoming NHL, fighting is not the only thing...there are aspects you must be good at.

Broll is definitely an intriguing prospect with the fact he's extremely articulate as well even though he's a goon style player or whatever. Want to see skills develop offensively as well defensively.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Exactly. Orr is actually really good at wiping people out along the boards and is more than reliable on the PK.

I don't think we've seen Orr on the PK. However yes, his footspeed and impact hits along the boards makes him better than your average enforcer.

I like Broll but there's still alot he has to learn. Still not sure why he was given an ELC so early, but we'll see how he does with a full year with the marlies.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Broll reminds me alot of Kyle Clifford.

Which is hilarious because he's a guy that 2/3 of this board were drooling over at one point.

He's a tank, and he skates well in a straight line, can throw em, and he's got a pretty good set of hands. He made some great touch passes today, and can handle the puck along the boards.

I don't think he'll ever be more than a 3rd liner, but hell thats fine with me.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I don't think we've seen Orr on the PK. However yes, his footspeed and impact hits along the boards makes him better than your average enforcer.

I like Broll but there's still alot he has to learn. Still not sure why he was given an ELC so early, but we'll see how he does with a full year with the marlies.

I think the ELC has more to do with money issues or special circumstances for Broll, IIRC that's what I remember hearing but don't know too much otherwise, so take it with a grain of salt.

mikebel111*

Didnt watch the game. However looks like broll and leivo had solid debuts.
I am liking this a lot. Kids like ashton and devane and these 2 seem to really want it. This is what we need from our prospects

scooter87

Mar 22, 2013
Exactly. Orr is actually really good at wiping people out along the boards and is more than reliable on the PK.

Sorry, but if you actually watch the game you'll see the countless times per game Orr either a) misses someone and hits himself into the boards or b) makes the hit and falls over without much impact anyway.

Personally I love Orr; I'm a huge fan of what he does. But you can't deny that he sucks at hockey and is nowhere near a good enough skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->