David Bolland

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Read today, can't remember which Toronto paper. Severed tendons are hard to diagnose. Could be 2-9 months according to 4 different experts. Quite a discrepancy.

Here's hoping for a surprise when Bolland goes in for a check which is coming up soon.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Read today, can't remember which Toronto paper. Severed tendons are hard to diagnose. Could be 2-9 months according to 4 different experts. Quite a discrepancy.

Here's hoping for a surprise when Bolland goes in for a check which is coming up soon.

:cry:

I am wondering if he's training ala Bozak (ie: doing the arm bike, etc), to keep some sort of conditioning up?

Mr Scarface*

I have a feeling he'll be back in January if not then earlier
Imagine how afraid he might be because of his skating and ability to do that. Cautious. I don't like it. He is one of our most importantte.

But we'll see, he might be real ready in februari or march. After skating a lot before that there.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I miss the rat, the dude generated offence while facing top 6 forwards and starting in the defensive zone every shift.

Bolland.jpg

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga

I think he'll be on the lower end of that range. We all have to remember these guys get the best treatment known to mankind and have access to procedures that most of us would never get access to.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
More an off-ice issue but if you're Nonis, what do you offer as extension? I can't think of a number that's reasonable if he were to re-sign today.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

I am wondering if he's training ala Bozak (ie: doing the arm bike, etc), to keep some sort of conditioning up?

He can't do any physical movement until he's out of the cast, the surgery was on December 2nd and he was to be in a cast for a month after that. The earliest he can begin resuming any type of physical activities is December 2nd, he's still 2 weeks away from being able to do any physical therapy.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
More an off-ice issue but if you're Nonis, what do you offer as extension? I can't think of a number that's reasonable if he were to re-sign today.

I think a 3 year/10M deal is reasonable with a front loaded contract (4 million, 4 million, 2 million) plus a limited NTC.

mt99808

Oct 21, 2010

The contract they gave to bozak that they now won't be able to fit under the cap because of the deal they gave to bozak. I think the holland trade was as much for bollands replacement next year as it was for help this year unfortunately.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think he'll be on the lower end of that range. We all have to remember these guys get the best treatment known to mankind and have access to procedures that most of us would never get access to.

Last I read, we are a week from knowing his initial prognosis. If he can be back by March, I would say this is the best case scenario. Even a Bolland at 85% strength is better than no Bolland. Especially for the playoff player he is.

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
The contract they gave to bozak that they now won't be able to fit under the cap because of the deal they gave to bozak. I think the holland trade was as much for bollands replacement next year as it was for help this year unfortunately.

Bolland will be here for a long time. Leafs management love him.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
i know someone that's good friends with Bolland who told me that he HATES it here. He also said don't be surprised if Bolland is done in 3 years.

I'm praying it isn't true, but I've heard it from 2 different people. He's married to my brother's friend's sister, so I'll try to find out from him if its true

Well, I know someone (he's on my softball team in case that gives it any credibility lol) that knows Bolland and he says Bolland loves being home.

No doubt they do but they can't afford him under the cap without getting rid of Bozak's contract

If they sign Bolland, the new contract won't apply until next season after the cap goes up.

Last edited:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Thankfully this is an Olympic year so Bolly will either get a couple weeks to rest if he comes back before the break or he'll get extra time to recover without us playing a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->