David Backes vs Clayton Stoner

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Oh no a slash. And Janssen's an idiot, we didn't need to play him. But these plays weren't relevant to the scrum at the end and the fight.

You don't two hand a guy for getting hit. We aren't just going to lay down because Oshie and Backes are talented players. It doesn't matter you don't start **** and not back it up.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i love the edge Backes plays with, just as i like it in Kesler. Difference is Backes is more willing to back it up with his fists. He isn't really a fighter, so of course he's going to get tuned once in a while. No big deal. Koivu would have looked a lot worse had he picked a fight with, say, Winchester.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Here's a fact Blues fans are going to have to face. Your team wants to play chippy, there will be retribution. They did and there was. It was a 2 game beating. On the scoresheet and on the fight card.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Message received: Stoner's a hot headed dumbass with no class.

watch the scrum again and count how many blues had their hands on Stoner at once. that would piss me off, too. talk about class: Staubitz goes headfirst into the boards and Janssen immediately wants to fight him. You really have no ground to talk about class here. Sorry.

Mr Dangles

Made of 100% genuine star stuff.
Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
You don't two hand a guy for getting hit. We aren't just going to lay down because Oshie and Backes are talented players. It doesn't matter you don't start **** and not back it up.

What? And Zanon two handed Steen in front before things escalated, no? Oshie did nothing to warrant a fight from Stoner which he was looking for.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
You're comparing incidents during the game to incidents after the game was already won.

Okay i didn't know incidents just disappeared after they happened. Also watch the video cuz Oshie comes in and bowties Stoner and then while Stoner is being held back by Oshie and someone else Backes punches him in the face and then got what he deserved.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
Steen tripped Stoner it looks like right off the face off and gave him a few shots, that was why Stoner reacted the way he did it seems.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Ol Blues Clueless here needs to watch that vid again. Stoner getting held back, Backes (hows this for classes) glove punches Stoner in the face.

Take your beating and whining and get lost.

Mr Dangles

Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Here's a fact Blues fans are going to have to face. Your team wants to play chippy, there will be retribution. They did and there was. It was a 2 game beating. On the scoresheet and on the fight card.

Well we played like utter crap most of this game and had no business winning. Last game I felt we outplayed the Wild for the most part. A weak call allowed the PP an opportunity late and the Blues fell victim to not giving 100%.

And as far as the fighting goes, D'gastini won his fight imo, and the Janssen fight was a wash, Backes lost his. Both teams played chippy and thats what happens.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
What? And Zanon two handed Steen in front before things escalated, no? Oshie did nothing to warrant a fight from Stoner which he was looking for.

And the entire time Stoner wanted Backes who was throwing gloved punches while he was being held back? No one said anything about Oshie? No one went after Oshie, he jumped on Stoners back and then tried to hold him while Backes punched.

Mr Dangles

Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Ol Blues Clueless here needs to watch that vid again. Stoner getting held back, Backes (hows this for classes) glove punches Stoner in the face.

Take your beating and whining and get lost.

Stoner was roughing up Oshie and vise versa, things seemed to settle down and then Stoner seemed still angry at Oshie, gave him a last punch/shove, and if im not mistaken he was missing one glove and his helmet. My take was he wanted to go with Oshie. Which is why Backes went in there and dropped em. Backes felt in the heat of the moment he was standing up for Oshie, not a fighter who was also has returned from an injury and this was in no way 'classless' for what he did.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Well we played like utter crap most of this game and had no business winning. Last game I felt we outplayed the Wild for the most part. A weak call allowed the PP an opportunity late and the Blues fell victim to not giving 100%.

And as far as the fighting goes, D'gastini won his fight imo, and the Janssen fight was a wash, Backes lost his. Both teams played chippy and thats what happens.

Fair assessment.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny

bumped for truth.

watching the video it looked like D'gastini landed a couple. Live it didn't look like anything. I can live with that--just happy Barker has shown some emotion lately. If nothing else maybe he can contribute in the same way as Brodziak: by breaking someone's hand on his head.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Backes plays tough, he just isn't a great fighter. He's one of the top 5 PF's in the game and will stick up for his teammates all day long. Great leader and great player.

Mr Dangles

Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Actually the more I watch video Stoner may have wanted Backes. I don't know. It's hard to tell. Either way Stoner was looking for a fight for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad