David Backes vs Clayton Stoner

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Stoner was starting **** with everyone well after the play for no reason.

Classless. Senseless. Pointless.

Mr Dangles

Made of 100% genuine star stuff.
Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
I don't know why Stoner was so angry. He really went to town on Backes who really only came to take the blows Oshie would have otherwise received. Backes is our only quality forward not to get injured... Hopefully not bad probably just a cut from the helmet.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
That is all on the Blues, calling a timeout with 3.2 seconds left down 2. Then Steen is all over Zanon for no reason.

Stoner just ended it before it got out of hand.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Lol. You are clearly mad because Backes got owned by Stoner.

Also, Clutterbuck crushed Oshie into the boards. Clutterbuck ftw.

Yeah, I don't mind that. Great hit. I love physical hockey that serves a purpose. It took Oshie out of the play.

Now let me ask you; what purpose was served by Stoner's temper tantrum at the end of a victory?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, I don't mind that. Great hit. I love physical hockey that serves a purpose. It took Oshie out of the play.

Now let me ask you; what purpose was served by Stoner's temper tantrum at the end of a victory?

One of these: !

And Backes had his gloves off too. Temper tantrum is a funny way to put it.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I don't know why Stoner was so angry. He really went to town on Backes who really only came to take the blows Oshie would have otherwise received. Backes is our only quality forward not to get injured... Hopefully not bad probably just a cut from the helmet.

Umm have you ever watched David Backes play hockey? He is a huge instigator. He was taking shots at Clutterbuck and Burns earlier and then it appeared the Blues just tried to jump Clutter and Zanon at the end there and Backes started throwing gloved punches at Stoner and got destroyed.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010

Now let me ask you what the purpose of calling a timeout with 3.2 secs left and starting a scrum? Watch the video when its available. That was all Blues instigating and Backes picked the wrong guy.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
One of these: !

And Backes had his gloves off too. Temper tantrum is a funny way to put it.

Backes dropped the gloves to defend his team mates like Oshie, who were getting punched (way after the scrum) by Stoner - because he was throwing a temper tantrum.

There's fighting to send a message in a game, and then there's fighting because you're a ****ing moron.

Mr Dangles

Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
That is all on the Blues, calling a timeout with 3.2 seconds left down 2. Then Steen is all over Zanon for no reason.

Stoner just ended it before it got out of hand.

Steen made a possibly intentional trip after the draw, I couldn't really tell. Regardless, Zanon made it his priority to send Steen a message with a slash and a punch. Of course after that everything got out of hand. Both could have avoided the scrum.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Backes dropped the gloves to defend his team mates like Oshie, who were getting punched (way after the scrum) by Stoner - because he was throwing a temper tantrum.

There's fighting to send a message in a game, and then there's fighting because you're a ****ing moron.

Well, consider the message sent.

Mr Dangles

Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Umm have you ever watched David Backes play hockey? He is a huge instigator. He was taking shots at Clutterbuck and Burns earlier and then it appeared the Blues just tried to jump Clutter and Zanon at the end there and Backes started throwing gloved punches at Stoner and got destroyed.

He came in to protect Oshie and payed the price, yes. He didn't exactly instigate the fight though. What the hell was Stoner expecting? You don't go throwing punches at one of our smaller talented players in Oshie after the end of the game where you opponents pissed off.

Mr Dangles

Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Cool just like Eric Johnson who slashed Clutter well after the play cuz he got hit. And Janssen who went after Staubitz when he was on the ice hurt.

Oh no a slash. And Janssen's an idiot, we didn't need to play him. But these plays weren't relevant to the scrum at the end and the fight.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
He came in to protect Oshie and payed the price, yes. He didn't exactly instigate the fight though. What the hell was Stoner expecting? You don't go throwing punches at one of our smaller talented players in Oshie after the end of the game where you opponents pissed off.

Stoner was pissed because Zanon got jumped and so did Clutterbuck. You can't start a scrum like and then not expect to get hit. Oshie was probably trying to get Clutter for that hit earlier and it went south for them.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Cool just like Eric Johnson who slashed Clutter well after the play cuz he got hit. And Janssen who went after Staubitz when he was on the ice hurt.

Well obviously our guy here doesn't just bleed blue, he's also sporting the blue tinted glasses. Unfortunately they also filter out logic and common sense as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad