Confirmed with Link: Dave Tippett signs 5-year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
As per LeBlanc just now at the press conference

Will be interesting to see the salary. Babcock's contract changed the coaching landscape.

Tippett's previous deal was $2 mil per. This coming season was the final year of his deal. He will now be a "free agent" in 2022.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Drummond answers to Tippett. Drummond has full control of the team. Tippett has full control of Drummond. Everything that happens from here on out in terms of hockey operations is a direct result of Dave Tippett.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As per LeBlanc just now at the press conference

Will be interesting to see the salary. Babcock's contract changed the coaching landscape.

Tippett's previous deal was $2 mil per. This coming season was the final year of his deal. He will now be a "free agent" in 2022.

Fantastic!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
So youth movement is dead RIP, 2 goals a game and a lucky streak to get in the playoffs for the next 5 years is the cap. Cups are not on this table.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'm a Tipp fan, but come on. Miss the playoffs 4 straight years, get a 5 year extension???:shakehead

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm a Tipp fan, but come on. Miss the playoffs 4 straight years, get a 5 year extension???:shakehead

Yeah, didn't you know that it was Maloney's fault for not being more open?

That, by the way, is a move straight out of IceArizona's tactical playbook, as we've seen about their way of characterizing their relationship with Glendale.

At least they're consistent.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
1. Over works Smith
2. Refuses to give young talent playing time
3. Pushes for Ribs, stops playing Ribs
4. Refuses to tank, plays Dave Moss like he was his kid
5. Becomes buds with an owner
6. Gets GM fired
7. ?????
8. 5 year extension

The Underwear Gnomes math does work

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So youth movement is dead RIP, 2 goals a game and a lucky streak to get in the playoffs for the next 5 years is the cap. Cups are not on this table.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Welcome to mediocrity being the goal. Scrap heap was the only place we could find owners willing to buy this franchise for nothing + a sweetheart subsidy. Coach that loves scrap heap players that are clones of himself. GM with a system that uses Richardson as a model for how good it is. Oh yeah, jump on the mediocrity train.

The apologists are going to have to work overtime spinning some positive angles to this mess. Almost feel sorry for them...

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
They've given Dino Dave everything, I mean everything.

We're absolutely screwed as an organization.

i understand that Chayka is smart, maybe a hockey genius, but his press conference skills are going to need some work.

Kid was smiling the whole time, looking like a kid in a group of friends that has a secret that he doesn't want to tell anyone, but the smile gives it away.

This whole restructuring says to me that "all" the blame of the last 4 years is squarely being attributed to GMDM.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
As a fan of this franchise since 1979 I thought I'd seen and experienced everything that could cause me to question my sanity in staying a fan. The last couple month and specifically last few days has proven me wrong.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
At first I thought legtimately thought this was a troll thread. I'm not even kidding.

I must say, having just woke up and seeing this, that we've finally clearly found the first thing Ice Arizona is extremely good at. Trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->