Injury Report: Dave Strader has cancer

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
I actually enjoy Strader's work the most (along with Jon Forslund) of all the NBC national lead broadcasts for NHL games. The guy is one of the better and under appreciated commentators in American sports and I hope there is more to come from Strader in the future. Hopefully a quick and speedy recovery is in order.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Man this really sucks. It didn't really indicate what kind or how serious. I hope its something he can get treated. Dave and Mickey were hands down the best hockey commentary I have ever seen on TV. Nothing has matched it since Dave left.

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
That sucks. Don't know him though. Did he play for the wings

He was the lead broadcaster before Ken Daniels on the old PASS Sports. I can't remember if Strader was before or after the horrendous tenure of Mike Goldberg. I do believe before though.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Those were the days, with Dave Strader on tv and Bruce Martyn on the radio. I don't dislike the best of the current broadcasters, but I'll always prefer the ones I grew up with.

Thoughts and prayers to Dave and his family for a speedy recovery.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Never like to hear that. Strader has always been one of my favorites. Hope he beats the **** out of it.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
This is a real bummer. I still think he was the best I've heard coupled with Redmond. I get nostalgic hearing him on other broadcasts now that he has moved on.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
He will always be the Red Wings play by play guy for me.

Best of luck to him in his fight.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Strader is my all-time favorite play-by-play guy. I do believe he is the best in the biz. Hell, I'd watch Yotes games just to listen to him. Get well, Dave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad