Confirmed with Link: Dave Nonis TML GM|Burke retained as Senior Advisor to board - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Nonis was the logical choice as he has prior experience as a GM.

There was no need to interview him, unless, they wanted to interview other candidates as well and choose the best.

I agree he was a logical "interim replacement" -why the rush to give him they keys with a 3 year contract?? I dont get that

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I agree he was a logical "interim replacement" -why the rush to give him they keys with a 3 year contract?? I dont get that

Which multi-billion dollar corporation do you run again? Your on the board of which major sports team?

You not understand does not mean it isn't the correct move.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Okay, for the 5000000th time... Nonis did NOT receive a new 3 year deal. He had 3 years remaining on his Director of Hockey Ops deal, and it was just reworked to accomodate the promotion.

Secondly, Nonis has been with this team since 2008, they know him well, very well. He's also got a pretty elaborate body of work to base an opinion off of.

Thirdly, clearly this wasn't a hockey-related move. MLSE isn't looking for a new philosophy or new direction. Its widely reported that they had a distaste for Burke's personality and his management style.

Nonis was a more than logical replacement.

JoeParez

Respect This Man
Jun 19, 2007

Because they trust him?If they were really talking about ousting Burke from way back in August, I would think that any major entity would discuss beforehand which direction they go.

Perhaps they already discussed and agreed that they feel they already have the guy in place to run the team and it fits their image of the type of sports executive that they want running the franchise.

It could be as simple as "We already have an assistant in place who is knowledgeable, experience and fits our mould of an executive".

Stuff like that happens all the time.
I've been promoted to become a Project Manager without there being an interview process because my higher ups saw the potential in me. If I may speak anecdotally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad