Dave Hakstol Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Deadhead is to Hak Hacksack like what bernie parent 1974 was/is to Bryz Cosmonaut

Berube and now Hak have gotten me bored of watching hockey that I haven’t watched for a few years now.

Reactions: Embiid

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Honestly, what’s it gonna take for Hexy to fire Hak? I can’t even imagine it.

Brett would have to file for emancipation, then be like "Dad, I love you or whatever, but Hak is my real dad." And then Hexy has to be standing there watching when Brett walks up to Hak and is like "I can't quit you." That might help.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Somehow this feels like a low point in the Hakstol era. 4-5 isn't disastrous but the entire team looks mediocre at best.

Who is playing well? Last year the top line was carrying and Ghost and Provy looked great. Sanheim and Laughton look good and Jake has had a couple of brilliant efforts to win games singlehandedly.

There are no parts of the team that look above-average right now, and it doesn't look like there's a path to immediate improvement.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The players can defend him all they want but I highly doubt that Pilates Curves going gym coach can fire this team up. Dude has zero energy on the bench.

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Wow part 4 of Fire Doby Hakerson came quite soon after part 3

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It doesn't matter who is out there. Their goal isn't setting up the slot. We have multiple players who can play there. They don't, by design.

Who? Outside of Patrick and JVR.
Simmonds, the hands are gone.
Voracek, has the size but can't shoot and doesn't play well in traffic.
Couts, to some extent but he's not a great closer.

That's about it. TK tries, but his size is an issue in crowds.
Weise?
Lindblom? Maybe down the road but has struggled to close the deal. Still climbing the learning cuve.

We really miss JVR, and we need Patrick to develop into a 30 goal scorer.

It's a balance, on the one hand you want the fast forwards who can drive play, on the other, the slot scorers who can handle traffic and have the quick release and accurate shot (because it's a very small window) and can score goals.
JVR was signed because of an obvious imbalance, Allison, Ratcliffe, Strome were drafted for that reason.

In today's NHL, you can make all the pretty plays you want, but if you're not shooting from the slot you'd better have a body in the crease because good NHL goalies (Ok, we're not used to that) will pretty much stop anything they see from 20' and out.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Honestly, what’s it gonna take for Hexy to fire Hak? I can’t even imagine it.

I think being 8-14-3 by December 1st and getting whipped by the Pens the night before a four day break would be enough.

This is year 4 of the team struggling in October/November under Hak.

15-16: 9-10-5 (44 GF - 64 GA)
16-17: 11-10-3 (74 GF - 78 GA)
17-18: 8-10-7 (70 GF - 76 GA)
18-19: 4-5 (30 GF - 37 GA)
TOTAL: 32-35-15 (219 GF - 265 GA)

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Who? Outside of Patrick and JVR.
Simmonds, the hands are gone.
Voracek, has the size but can't shoot and doesn't play well in traffic.
Couts, to some extent but he's not a great closer.

That's about it. TK tries, but his size is an issue in crowds.
Weise?
Lindblom? Maybe down the road but has struggled to close the deal. Still climbing the learning cuve.

We really miss JVR, and we need Patrick to develop into a 30 goal scorer.

It's a balance, on the one hand you want the fast forwards who can drive play, on the other, the slot scorers who can handle traffic and have the quick release and accurate shot (because it's a very small window) and can score goals.
JVR was signed because of an obvious imbalance, Allison, Ratcliffe, Strome were drafted for that reason.

In today's NHL, you can make all the pretty plays you want, but if you're not shooting from the slot you'd better have a body in the crease because good NHL goalies (Ok, we're not used to that) will pretty much stop anything they see from 20' and out.

You named several. They aren't being set up in the slot. By design.

Just watch where there are setting up shots. It's clear as day.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Must be hard on the players goin' to the rink not knowing their line combinations!
Poor Konecny!!!
Never have I seen such a dysfunctional coach....no,no wait!
Atom coaching by parent helpers!!!
Are these guys professionals or not?
If they can’t deal with a line change they shouldn’t be in the NHL.
And it’s not like Konecny hasn’t played with Couturier & Giroux before.
My God the lengths some people go to to bash every decision the coach makes & set up every excuse possible for their favorite players.

That said, I think Konecny should be with G & Couturier. While I understand the desire to make each of the top 3 lines scoring threats, the first line desperately needs Konecny’s speed.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
if we go pointless in the next 20 games. Lose by an average of 3 goals, have an average home attendance of zero, have no less than 10 official boycotts of all things flyers, lose their tv deal, giroux and voracek quit, and gritty od's then hexy may contemplate firing hakstol at the end of the season.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
My God the lengths some people go to to bash every decision the coach makes & set up every excuse possible for their favorite players.

That said, I think Konecny should be with G & Couturier. While I understand the desire to make each of the top 3 lines scoring threats, the first line desperately needs Konecny’s speed.
So you are OK with the musical chairs,hide and seek and " put you in time out chair' games Hakstol has resorted to with the young kids and is grasping at straws to keep his head above water!
Injuries occur and that's inevitable...it's the nature of the beast! Trying to fill the hole can be a burden but at least give opportunities to the young crowd!
I haven't bashed Hakstol lately cause I can see the written on the wall!
So can you!

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

HAHAHAHAHA. Misfit toys have no chemistry. One player moves around the lineup and it all dies HAHAHAHA.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
So you are OK with the musical chairs,hide and seek and " put you in time out chair' games Hakstol has resorted to with the young kids and is grasping at straws to keep his head above water!
Injuries occur and that's inevitable...it's the nature of the beast! Trying to fill the hole can be a burden but at least give opportunities to the young crowd!
I haven't bashed Hakstol lately cause I can see the written on the wall!
So can you!
He'll be gone soon but the lets see what happens but these players should NOt need to get amped up to play in Philly. Its dead players also and Hexy said he'll start looking around and that meant players.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad