Dave Hakstol Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You're overreacting about Konecny when you use measurement terms such as "isnt even close to the player he was last year" as though 4 games is any sort of indication of prediction for a player's productivity for an entire season. It is 100% by all definitions an overreaction.
So much more there though and the fyers need it.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Naw fatty sucks. I'd ship him out.

That's what I thought.

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He's had solid play through that, and a good amount of bad luck. I'm not worried yet. He's certainly nowhere near the issue that Mac manages to single handedly be in large part because Hakstol overuses him due to his status as a garbage coach.

I remember when people used similar reasoning while ignoring the eye test to claim TK was absolutely not a top-9 forward, right before he became a great top liner.
What plays did Patrick make that would indicate he’s a 2C on a team expected to win a playoff round?

He looks a hell of a lot more like a gaping hole in the lineup than a “solid” 2C. They’ve been in high scoring games and he has 0 points and is minus 5. That’s a brutal 4 games.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fire Hakstol Fire Hakstol Fire Hakstol Fire Hakstol
Fire Hakstol PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fire Hakstol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What plays did Patrick make that would indicate he’s a 2C on a team expected to win a playoff round?

He looks a hell of a lot more like a gaping hole in the lineup than a “solid” 2C. They’ve been in high scoring games and he has 0 points and is minus 5. That’s a brutal 4 games.

You've missed the defensive responsibility, the instances of pushing play up ice, the board work, and some playmaking? You're acting like he's Filppula.

He is closer to TK early last year than he is to Flip, who was a true glaring hole at 2C.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Is firing Hextall going to miraculously give them a 2C? Going to give them a 1D, which Provorov hasn’t been playing anywhere near. Going to give them a #3D? Going to replace the injured $7M 36 goal scorer?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You've missed the defensive responsibility, the instances of pushing play up ice, the board work, and some playmaking? You're acting like he's Filppula.

He is closer to TK early last year than he is to Flip, who was a true glaring hole at 2C.

He’s been worse than Filppula so far. Don’t praise his defensive responsibility & playmaking as a 2C when he’s -5 & pointless in four games. It would be difficult to have a worse 4 game start for a 2C than Patrick has had.

Reactions: hatcher

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

S93Mj2K.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He’s been worse than Filppula so far. Don’t praise his defensive responsibility & playmaking as a 2C when he’s -5 & pointless in four games. It would be difficult to have a worse 4 game start for a 2C than Patrick has had.

Are you looking at Flip now or Flip as a Flyer? I'm comparing him to Flip as our 2C, and he's absolutely not worse than Flip; or do you forget how much of a trainwreck he was? You've complained about the mindless use of Corsi, but you're doing the same here with +/- and points devoid of the context provided by what he looks like out there. He's also effectively played one game less than the rest of the team. Let's not forget his line was the one bright spot at F in the SJ debacle.

Reactions: Striiker

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's been four games, the first two on the West Coast.
Take a deep breath, players start fast and cool off, players start slow and get hot, players have bad luck.
We'll have a much better feel for this team after 20 games or so, and even then, they didn't get hot until after 26 games last year:
26 games: 8-11-7
56 games: 34-15-7

Reactions: Adtar02

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Let me put this here. This is a Sens entry on their PP. Sanhiem playing the shot. Amac in the middle. Perfectly played!

2GqLDYb.png

WplmtRg.png

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Let me put this here. This is a Sens entry on their PP. Sanhiem playing the shot. Amac in the middle. Perfectly played!

2GqLDYb.png

WplmtRg.png

I liked on the 1st PP goal, for which Sanheim should have cleared it (but it happens), MacDonald’s hockey birdbrain exploded in coverage and he just sells out block and slides away covering nothing directly leading to the goal. That’s worth a screenshot. Maybe send it to Djibouti Halitosis.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
How is this Hakstok's fault? He doesn't have a second line center. His $7M winger is injured. Their alleged number one defenseman hasn't played anywhere like a #1. The team save percentage after four games has to be near worst in the entire league. The #3 defenseman (that the GM gave them) has been God-awful. Bash Hagg all you want but he's actually played fine for a defenseman who is 5/6 in ice time.

Lindblom-Patrick-Konecny have been a disaster as an alleged 2nd line. I have hope TK will turn it around. I'm very worried about Patrick and Lindblom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->