Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Can't wait for the Flyers to get 105 points, win a playoff round, Hakstol gets extended and this place goes ballistic.

Got my popcorn ready! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
@GoneFullHextall "I think Tale of Two Cities is required reading in High School. Sophomore English class."

I actually didn't have to read it until college in a Lit class. I was an English major in undergrad, but pretty lazy. I could frequently get by writing essays based on cliff's notes, so I did that often. If I really liked the professor or was interested in the material, though, I'd read it. I took one professor 3 separate times who would assign us one book a week and one one-page essay per week on a question about that book. He was a terrific professor. Best I ever had. And I always read the books he assigned. I sharpened my writing immensely under him (which you'd never guess from the drivel I post here when I'm writing extremely quickly and without editing). I had another professor I liked for a class on Chaucer; we had to read Chaucer in middle English and have translation quizzes on middle English every week. I liked the professor and I liked Chaucer, so I read those. I read most of the assigned plays in my Shakespeare class because the exams were difficult. Quotes from unnamed characters and you'd have to name the play. In the class I read Tale of Two Cities, I read Hard Times, which I liked a lot. I also fully read Frankenstein in that class and thought it was excellent. As was Northanger Abbey.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
One doubling down again that Flip made a good play. The other disagrees yet won't say it.

:laugh:

That's not an accurate statement of my position. I *do* think Filppula made a good play. He created the goal with an excellent zone entry. And even though he ended up losing the puck behind the net, his work led to the Pittsburgh defenseman hurriedly turning it over to Voracek with a bad clearing attempt.

Do you not think Filppula made a good play just because ultimately, after his zone entry and board efforts, he wasn't the one to directly pass the puck to Voracek?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Here's to hoping some who is A a good coach and B is also liked by Hexy becomes available at some point during the year.

Hakstok can take Gord and Lappy with him. I'm sure he could use hard workers on his farm.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Here's to hoping some who is A a good coach and B is also liked by Hexy becomes available at some point during the year.

Hakstok can take Gord and Lappy with him. I'm sure he could use hard workers on his farm.

Which means he'll be similar to Hakstol, if not in personality, in hockey philosophy.
You're not going to see the next Lavi as long as Hextall runs the show.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's enough things, that even Hakstol can't ruin, for me to be excited.

I'd certainly be more optimistic with a real coach, but the team is getting to the point where they can win, in spite of him, more consistently. The talent is too much for him to suppress.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There's enough things, that even Hakstol can't ruin, for me to be excited.

I'd certainly be more optimistic with a real coach, but the team is getting to the point where they can win, in spite of him, more consistently. The talent is too much for him to suppress.

Talk to me again at the end of November when we are still last in high-danger scoring chances and shot attempt average distance because of his garbage college system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->