Dave Hakstol Fired and Scott Gordon Named Interim Head Coach (Discussion Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
until thus club hires a real NHL level HC, i will continue to beleive they wont..

im fully expecting another 4 yrs wasted on Gordok, with the club going nowere while spinnin its tires in the mud

im with you. I am not as optimistic as some that they are willing to spend to get a legit head coach. Historically the flyers have only ever gotten 1 big time head coach and that was Hitchcock, who had flyers roots. Lavy i guess could be considered a big time coach but , but i would say his profile now is significantly higher than when we hired him. Flyers traditionally have always hired from within or hired a young head coach, and Hextall to his credit tried to do his best to bring someone from outside the organization. I would be really surprised if the flyers hired a big name head coach with no previous ties to the flyers because it would be the first time in history.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Terry Murray had a pretty good 5 years in Washington before the Flyers hired him. Although, he did briefly play for the Flyers in the mid-70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->