Dave Hakstol Fired and Scott Gordon Named Interim Head Coach (Discussion Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Q8MHUJi.gif

I can't stop watching this but not in a good way. It gives me the willies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm convinced that Lappy's position on this team is compromised and has been mostly replaced by Rick Wilson. It seems to coincide with a semi- improved PK in the past few weeks. Perhaps taking a slapper to the face can only take you so far...

At one point during the torrent of penalties yesterday, camera showed Gordon tapping Lappy's shoulder before a PK and essentially having him move out of the way so he could speak straight to the players headed out for it. That was good.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
At one point during the torrent of penalties yesterday, camera showed Gordon tapping Lappy's shoulder before a PK and essentially having him move out of the way so he could speak straight to the players headed out for it. That was good.

Fantastic. It's clearly not working and Gordon is keen on figuring out the issues. For one, why our team insists on playing so passively when it clearly is not working with this personnel.
Kind of sad to see Lappy failing at his job, but it is what it is. Get rid of him.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
It's crazy to think that if Hextall was still here:

We would still have Hak
We would still have Murphy
We would have no Hart or the excitement around it
We would not have honoured Hartnell with the bad blood between Hex and Harts
We certainly would not have seen Harts in the dressing room post game...or the Gritty clips for that matter
We would not have seen Sanheim and Hagg out for that full 5vs3. Hak likely sits Sanheim and puts our Weise or Laughton
We would not have seen Sanheim play b2b 20+ minute games

Hockey has become fun again...win or lose.

Amen. Hexy did a great job clearing the cap hell but he was too stubborn to change. Inexcusable he supported Hak and to a lesser extent, Murphy that long.

That Hexy alternate universe ^^ makes you throw up in your mouth.

Oh, and we'd be 0-2 also last two games.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I'm convinced that Lappy's position on this team is compromised and has been mostly replaced by Rick Wilson. It seems to coincide with a semi- improved PK in the past few weeks. Perhaps taking a slapper to the face can only take you so far...

That avatar :laugh: I hope Hart's careful to not be alone in the dressing room late at night.

He's young and should be taught "Carchidi Danger" is real.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Imagine how demoralizing it must have been for certain players on the Phantoms knowing that their good play would never be rewarded because Hextall already decided their fate. This is why I am happy to see Varone get the call-up. If you play well at your level, you deserve a shot when needed. Should be that simple.

Ever calling up Ghoul was a sham. And the perfect example for why its good they got a Flyers outsider as a GM.

Then again, neither Hextall nor Hakstol expected anyone called up to actually play so they may as well have been calling up fans from local leagues.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Almost sounds like he's more intelligent. Or cares more. Or more likely, both.

The only thing I can muster in Hak's defense is that it's got to be awkward when someone twists your arm to give you a top position you don't want, and the reason for it is that their kid thinks you're the bee's knees.

As much as I've always loved Hexy and always will, he's looking more and more like an absolute schmuck in hindsight.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Almost sounds like he's more intelligent. Or cares more. Or more likely, both.

The only thing I can muster in Hak's defense is that it's got to be awkward when someone twists your arm to give you a top position you don't want, and the reason for it is that their kid thinks you're the bee's knees.

As much as I've always loved Hexy and always will, he's looking more and more like an absolute schmuck in hindsight.

This is the dumbest post I’ve ever read on this forum.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
This is the dumbest post I’ve ever read on this forum.
Merry Xmas everyone. My wish for everyone this year is to just miss the playoffs but win the frickin lottery and add Jack Hughes to our stable.

It is a virtually impossibly high bar to hurdle to say this is the dumbest post ever read here. Not even close imo.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Merry Xmas everyone. My wish for everyone this year is to just miss the playoffs but win the frickin lottery and add Jack Hughes to our stable.

It is a virtually impossibly high bar to hurdle to say this is the dumbest post ever read here. Not even close imo.

Do us all a favour and start supporting the isles instead of us then. Take that losing attitude with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad