Dave Hakstol appreciation thread

Kettil33

Aug 21, 2016
I heard he's apparently a nice human, probably good to have as a neighbour ... and you don't have to pay him $10 million for doing this thing he is apparently actually good at.

Reactions: Foggy14 and kudymen

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
There was a time when Ghost was called up and Flyers hockey was exciting, I think Dave was around for that. And he used to start G-Voracek-Ghost in OT and they did well. Then he stopped doing that for no apparent reason and the team lost every OT game in like 30 seconds or less. :skeptic:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I wish him no ill will. He will land on his feet and be fine. Just wish we had a decent goalie while he was here.

He got paid millions (per year IIRC) and he already worked high profile jobs with, presumably, high income before this. He also still gets paid the remainder of his contract.

He doesn’t have to worry about landing on his feet, his feet are already on way more stable ground than the vast majority of people. Anybody actually worried about that should probably have their head removed from their rectum.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
giphy.gif

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I give him credit for trying Giroux at LW. That was his idea, right?

His opening lineup did not leave much to be desired but it appears that something was rotten below the surface.

deadhead is stoopid

Dec 18, 2018
I think theres something here we are all missing about Hakgod.

Dave Hakstol's initials are DH.

Deadhead's intitals are DH.

Are they one in the same? Who can say? But using the same conjecture as Deadhead I will make blind assumptions they are the same person.

Deadhead, Deadhead, Deadhead!

Stooge, Stooge, Stooge!

Prepare for the Famine. Prepare for the War.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

His opening lineup did not leave much to be desired but it appears that something was rotten below the surface.
Nope. Giroux said it was Hextall who asked him to try LW.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Remember that time Hakstol said Sanheim was playing well, but that wasn't a reason to give him more ice time? Hextall and Hakstol should have been fired on the spot.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I'll miss the memes, and I got in the act my fair share of times. Wasn't at all a fan of wishing harm or death upon him just because he's a ****ty coach, or how his wife and kids were occasionally dragged into the mockery. Mock and make fun of him all you want, he's a public figure and he was incredibly memeable, but leave the family out of it, imo. Wasn't terribly common but still.

I wish Dave Hakstol the human being well, but as a coach, good riddance to him. He played a pretty big part in ruining my enthusiasm for my favorite team and I hope he's never behind an NHL bench again (unless it's in Pittsburgh, New York, or Joisey).

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Bright side: They made the playoffs twice in his first three seasons with a rebuilding team.

Downside: The team was boring, some of his personnel decisions were baffling, & ultimately his team was plagued by inconsistency & mental lapses.

To be fair to him, he did get dealt a brutal hand in the goaltending department. I wish him well, but am eager for the change. Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see him re-hired by North Dakota.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I'm surprised haks biggest supporter has yet to post in this thread .. maybe he's still working on what will surely be a wall of hakstol praise, excuses, and various other nonsensical tangents that have been repeated over and over...

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Don’t know whose idea it was. Some claim it was Hextall’s idea because Giroux first had it mentioned to him by Hextall during a phone call. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it was Hextall’s idea. Wouldn’t surprise me either way.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
He got paid millions (per year IIRC) and he already worked high profile jobs with, presumably, high income before this. He also still gets paid the remainder of his contract.

He doesn’t have to worry about landing on his feet, his feet are already on way more stable ground than the vast majority of people. Anybody actually worried about that should probably have their head removed from their rectum.

Not all people are obsessed with the almighty dollar. The ones that are should have their head removed from their rectum.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Seriously, how can so many folks whom opine that Hakstol had a bad goalie situation not verbalize in the same breath he made some of that goalie situation horrible all by himself! Routinely he'd run guys into the ground. While Berube poisoned the well with Mason, Hakstol did nothing to bridge the obvious gap. Sure coaches coach, but they're referred to as part of management. Hakstol had a good goalie, and couldn't bring him to heel, so then he was left with iffy goalies.

Something appreciative about Hakstol? He's lowered the bar that the next coach will have an impatient fanbase for winning, but tolerant of a coach that looks the part. Lowering the bar for the next guy, that's swell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->