Dave Goucher appreciation thread.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:cry::cry::cry:

https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/n...television-and-radio-broadcasters/c-290670400

Vegas Golden Knights President Kerry Bubolz announced today, August 15, that the team has hired their first-ever television and radio broadcast teams. Dave Goucher (pronounced GO-sher) will serve as the team's TV play-by-play announcer, while Shane Hnidy (pronounced NIGH-dee) will serve as the TV color commentator. In addition, the team has hired Dan D'Uva (pronounced DOO-vah) as the team's radio play-by-play announcer.

Goucher and Hnidy will call games on the television home of the Golden Knights, AT&T SportsNet. D'Uva will call games on the radio home of the Golden Knights, FOX Sports 98.9 FM/1340 AM.

"We are thrilled to have Dave, Shane and Dan on board as our first-ever broadcasters," said Vegas Golden Knights President Kerry Bubolz. "Each of them brings a wealth of hockey experience, and will be an integral part of making Golden Knights broadcasts enjoyable and insightful. They will not only be great announcers in the broadcast booth but also great community ambassadors, bringing the great game of hockey to the Las Vegas community."

Goucher has been the radio play-by-play announcer for the Boston Bruins since 2000. He has been named New England's top radio play-by-play announcer by the Associated Press three times (2003, 2006 and 2007), was awarded the Associated Press "Best Sportscast" Award in 2006 and was named the Massachusetts Sportscaster of the Year in 2013 and 2014.

Last edited:

TheBigZ

Dec 18, 2007
Dallas, TX
www.hfboards.com
He should have had a shot at the NESN job over Wack Edwards. Goucher is one of the best in the business and I'm sad to see him go, but happy for him that he gets a shot as a TV guy.

Sep 19, 2008
Dafoomie posted so many great Bruins games where it was just Goucher and Beers on the call. Very sad to hear that he is leaving to Vegas. He really is a great voice.

"Get the Duck boats ready!"

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Man, that is too bad! Dave Goucher is definitely one of the best in the business. Vegas' gain is our loss for sure.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Rare that I listen to games on the radio, but Dave Goucher was INCREDIBLY good at keeping you on the edge of your seat during gameplay with his constant changes in tone. Jack may have some decent hockey knowledge and may be "entertaining", but he doesn't have nearly the skill at his job that Dave Goucher has.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Aw, this sucks. Goucher was great, and there were so many late nights at work where the only time I'd get to listen to the Bruins on the way home was through the Radio.com app. Happy that he got the job, but bummed he won't be with us anymore. Hopefully he does one last bit with T&R!

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Wow... During my poor years after college I listened to pretty much every non NBCSN game on the radio. He is amazing and will be missed

On the other hand I'm genuinely excited that he got such a good gig, gives some rooting interest to Vegas now I suppose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->