News Article: Dave Feschuk: Stubborn Babcock passes on change with Leafs special teams falling short

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I'm glad the link leads with "Dave Feschuk." Saves me wasting time reading any more.

Agreed, Feshuk may very well be right but he's written too many ridiculous articles with sensationalist takes for me to take anything he writes seriously. He values clicks/attention over substance.

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Please, tell us how. A blanket statement like the one you made is meaningless without some details.

A lot of fans gravely misunderstand what a hockey coach does and does not do.

We used to have a lot of fans here think that firing Maurice, Wilson, Carlyle, and Horachek would magically make everything better and we'd be playoff bound, etc.

In reality and as history demonstrated, those people were either too blind or simply unwilling to admit the players those coaches were playing weren't good enough.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
A lot of fans gravely misunderstand what a hockey coach does and does not do.

We used to have a lot of fans here think that firing Maurice, Wilson, Carlyle, and Horachek would magically make everything better and we'd be playoff bound, etc.

In reality, people were either too blind or simply unwilling to admit the players those coaches were playing weren't good enough.

You haven't addressed a single point he made in the article.

Reactions: Alerion and Crysis

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The quote from Babcock's mom on his stubbornness as a child was persuasive.

ew you clicked on it?

do we have a HF boards quarantine we can put dark knight in for a week or so? we need to monitor his symptoms for feschukitis
symptoms include:
- Verbal diarreah
- high fever (high level of hot takes)
- Personality disorder (ie: doesn't have one)
- risk of stroke (ing your own ego)

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
ew you clicked on it?

do we have a HF boards quarantine we can put dark knight in for a week or so? we need to monitor his symptoms for feschukitis
symptoms include:
- Verbal diarreah
- high fever (high level of hot takes)
- Personality disorder (ie: doesn't have one)
- risk of stroke (ing your own ego)
Of course I didn't read it bro! Was a jab at him calling Reimer's mom. Bad enough he's on Leafs Lunch, who reads that tripe

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This is going to make it tough on the "fire Babcock" crowd.

Either soften your stance, or support an article by Dave Feschuk. :huh:

Nobody has to agree with a guy that takes a backhanded slap at capitalism or opines that that the Leafs have the better roster even though they finished well behind in the standings and that “ he’d (Babs) would rather lose doing things his way than win doing them somebody else’s”.

Last edited:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Adjustments should have been made based on how Boston ate up the PK last year, but it's way too late now to switch up the scheme. They've made their bed, they've gotta sleep in it too and hope the roof doesn't collapse on them in game 7.

Reactions: Menzinger

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I'll never understand why reporters think their opinion of the game holds any weight at all.

Bet you the guy's never laced up in his life.

Huh?

If reporter's opinions don't hold any weight, then whose opinions do? Fans on the internet? Feschuk's qualifications aside, you're lumping all reporters together. How can you possibly say reporters opinions hold no weight? They vote on awards, they sway fanbases, they hold players and coaches accountable, they are in the rinks and talk to the team. Their opinion matters, even when you don't agree with it.

And your comment about not lacing them up is ignorant, too. Ken Hitchcock never played competitively. Neither did Pat Burns. Neither did John Cooper. Scotty Bowman's career ended in junior. And I'm betting you don't go out of your way to ignore info from Bob McKenzie, who also never played the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad