Datsyuk

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
5+13 after 15 games, and he's 42.
how has his overall game looked?

I dont expect that guy will ever not be in top shape, but his foot/ankle looked to have visibly slowed him his last try at the NHL

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I dont expect that guy will ever not be in top shape, but his foot/ankle looked to have visibly slowed him his last try at the NHL

I actually don't follow him, just saw his stats and posted. I think, Dats never was very fast, he played hockey different, mostly relied on his sense and IQ. I'm pretty sure, if he didn't have problems with health, he would have still played in the NHL.

He always was the better player, than Marleau, and Marleau is still in the NHL.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
I actually don't follow him, just saw his stats and posted. I think, Dats never was very fast, he played hockey different, mostly relied on his sense and IQ. I'm pretty sure, if he didn't have problems with health, he would have still played in the NHL.

He always was the better player, than Marleau, and Marleau is still in the NHL.
well, he is far better than Marleau.
As a Wings’ fan, he was noticeably slower his last year. It made him less effective.
I was hoping that it was an injury/surgery that one heals from and improves down the road.
He had cadaver tendons tied into his foot, iirc.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is it "Elite" when 3rd and 4th liners in the NHL can finish in top 10 scoring in the KHL?
Is it "elite" when former NHL 50 goals scorers are middle of the pack KHLers or NHL 30 goal scroers can't cut it at all in the KHL? Is it "elite" if a former so-so KHL defenceman wins the Norris in the NHL?

Reactions: mkev400

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Looks like he had time to heal, settle down and prepeare for this season as well as figure out his off ice family issues. He looks like a 42 year old Datsyuk, i.e. still better than most of them.

Reactions: Dingo

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Is it "elite" when former NHL 50 goals scorers are middle of the pack KHLers or NHL 30 goal scroers can't cut it at all in the KHL? Is it "elite" if a former so-so KHL defenceman wins the Norris in the NHL?
Don't expect the guy to understand any realistic comparisons, he didn't even understand people got excited about Spengler Cup because it's not best on best and containing "irrelevant players" :laugh: Just one of those narrow minded North Americans not knowing **** about anything outside the North American hockey bubble :)

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
He's still deceptively strong on his skates. I think it was in OT against Magnitka where he leaned into a great reverse hit in open ice.

Reactions: Tupu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad