La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Bergeron better defensively

Datsyuk the better and more impactful player imo

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
This is Bergeron really easily.

Datsyuk was good defensively and elite at sneak stick lifts, but Bergeron is the best defensive player of all time. Datsyuk wasn’t even the shutdown player on his own team

Reactions: wintersej

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is Bergeron really easily.

Datsyuk was good defensively and elite at sneak stick lifts, but Bergeron is the best defensive player of all time. Datsyuk wasn’t even the shutdown player on his own team

Depends on your definition of defensive play I guess. Yeah Bergeron and Zetterberg are better shut down guys but Datsyuk was stlil better defensively than Zetterberg. Saying Datsyuk was good defensively but elite at sneaky stick lifts is ridiculous. I havent seen a guy control the flow of a game likee Datsyuk did defensively. He would use his positioning to funnel plays where he wanted them, thinking the gamea couple steps ahead and be in position for a takeaway. Being the shut down player doesnt necessarily mean youre better defensively, it means youre better at shutting down one player in particular.

The answer here is probably Bergeron but its not "really easily". Datsyuk was clearly the better player overall

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I feel like a lot of people probably voted by just reading the thread title, not noticing that it said "defensive" player in the question and the OP.

I don't see how it's not Bergeron.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Bergeron comfortably in terms of defence. Datsyuk's defence was overrated largely because Selke voters became enamored with takeaways since they were at least easily quantified. Datsyuk was a better player overall than Bergeron though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad