TSN: Datsyuk to return to NHL?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
https://www.tsn.ca/agent-datsyuk-could-return-to-nhl-1.1246026

Dan Milstein, who represents Datsyuk, told Russia's Match TV that Datsyuk, whose KHL contract is set to expire, is not ready to retire.
"I'll tell you one thing, Pavel is not ready to finish hockey in the coming years," Milstein said, via Google Translate. "So the decision is his - whether to leave for America, whether to play further in the KHL."

A 40yr old Dats back here? I don't know..

I guess if Pacquiao can still fight, 40 is the new 20 lol

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'd love to have him on the Rangers, even for just 1 season as a shell of his former self. One of my favorite players.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I mean, what would he realistically be asking for pay wise?

He's only scoring at .77 points per game on larger ice (more time and space) against an inferior league. this equates to about 63 pts per 82 games

isnt the average KHL to NHL production rate something like .7 % if we want to try and project what he would come back on produce?

That would put him around 44 pts per 82 games, which honestly, I think is a fair expectation (also with the notion he probably doesnt play the full season with injuries and needed rest)

He probably is still going to command at least $5+ mil per, which I would avoid

Watching Jagr lump around the last couple years on bald tires had you just wishing he would give up

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
These things are — always — agent driven.

More or less always these guys have one agent in NA, getting paid if he plays there, and one agent in Europe getting paid if he plays there.

Then agent stir up a bunch of talk to create a buzz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->