Olympics: Datsyuk says this medal means more than the Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
North American hockey fans need to understand that for an European hockey player winning Olympic gold or the World Championship means more to them then the Stanley cup. And i dont have a problem with that. Who are we to be judging him. thats how he feels thats how we feel period. we have to respect that, the NHL in Europe is not very important. Here in North America we have such a big ego about our Leagues.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
North American hockey fans need to understand that for an European hockey player winning Olympic gold or the World Championship means more to them then the Stanley cup. And i dont have a problem with that. Who are we to be judging him. thats how he feels thats how we feel period. we have to respect that, the NHL in Europe is not very important. He in North America we have such a big ego about our Leagues.

I have no problem with that, but it's not like it was best on best neither.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
North American hockey fans need to understand that for an European hockey player winning Olympic gold or the World Championship means more to them then the Stanley cup. And i dont have a problem with that. Who are we to be judging him. thats how he feels thats how we feel period. we have to respect that, the NHL in Europe is not very important. He in North America we have such a big ego about our Leagues.

no bigger ego than dats saying this......

sorry you dont see it.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
:laugh:

I can't imagine this is fulfilling given the rosters iced by everyone but the Olympic Athletes from Russia.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I read this quote differently than other people

I dont think he means that it actually means more.

They dont even print what question he was asked.

he does mean that and its propaganda for his country. you really think the average russian will take it like you are taking it?

nah, they think he is saying russia is the best and dats knows that. he also knows we will be a little more rational about it over here. mind games.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Is the Gold won by the American woman fulfilling to them because its a tournament with only 2 team capable of winning gold?
It's fulfilling for them because they beat the favorite to win gold at their full strength.

If the Russians were ever going to win again, this was exactly the year to do it. Good for them.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
All this time we've been thinking it was steroids that got Russia banned. None of us thought it could be hallucinogens.

Now we know. I want some of whatever Pavel's ingesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad