Datsyuk Going To His Actual Home. In Russia. Finally.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
He comes back, Zetterberg "gets healthy enough" to come back. Let the Euro twins play together on the second line. Back to the playoffs baby!!!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Screw him. He jumped out of a signed contract because he couldn't wait to be gone and didn't care about the ramifications because he ostensibly wanted to be close to his daughter. But now that his KHL deal is up, he wants to come back home... and not be by his daughter.

I don't need to see 40 year old Datsyuk in the NHL anymore. Alumni games, okay, but I don't need to see him night in, night out.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Sounds like Dat's agent is posturing to get the contract $$ up. I don't know what team would want him nor how much he could get. Certainly not Kovalchuk's term or money. Maybe he'd want to come back like the "old professor" to teach the youngster's

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Seems like a leverage tactic by his agent. Datsyuk wants to play in Russia.
Maybe Coach Datsyuk?

AA coming back to bench after missing a breakaway attempt -
Coach Datsyuk : "I trust my goal to dangle dangle, youshouldtoo."

Reactions: jkutswings

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
As a 3rd line C option for a year? Sure, give him a try. He'll see rather quickly that the game has sped up quite quickly in the last couple of years.
Kovalchuk, his old teammate in SKA can tell him all about it.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Next year 3rd line should be
Datsyuk -Veleno-Zadina
It will be great for kids to learn from master. 10-12 minutes a game for right price will be great

Reactions: Sentinel

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hey if the guy wants to come back I ain’t saying no. Play him with 2 speedsters like AA and Valeno on his wings and let him find them in space. He would def be our best player on the PP.

Reactions: Sentinel

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Datsyuk would be the best forward on our team at 40 IMO.

Larkin is significantly better than him at this point. I watch the odd SKA game, he isn't one of their better players the last couple years... Keep in mind Kovalchuk looked better than Dats before he left to come back...

I wouldn't pay him what he wants either at this point. I think this is just a negotiation tactic but one must ask doesn't this man care about his children or the other bs reasons he came up with while breaking his agreement? Oh not so much now... Yeah I guess SKA isn't offering the same tax free contract and suitcase dropoff money payments this time around so we are back into the NHL. Easy pass, frankly he should want to sign with a contender anyway if he is coming back so he can play a leveraged role and have a chance to win. Hopefully Yketeringburg finally pays him the appropriate amount this time and he can play one last year actually at home in Russia.

To be honest from what I have heard it would be stunning for the Wings to offer him a contract regardless. They don't view him ditching out on his contract like a lot of the fanbase, it burned down some bridges.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Datsyuk is a legend, a hall of famer and one of the greatest Red Wings in franchise history. I do not want him back, the team has moved on and doesn't need a 40 year old center at this stage of the rebuild.
Very much this. I bear no ill will against Pavel, but i wouldn't want him back at any price. Let the rebuild continue as it is, keep drafting, and keep letting the old guard come off the books one year at a time.

2008 is long gone. Let it stay gone.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Screw him. He jumped out of a signed contract because he couldn't wait to be gone and didn't care about the ramifications because he ostensibly wanted to be close to his daughter. But now that his KHL deal is up, he wants to come back home... and not be by his daughter.

I was a strong supporter of him leaving initially I'll admit. I get the wanting to be closer to family, but then he signed with a team that was still significantly far from his daughter it really didn't sit well for me. Add that to him and his agent saying they didn't understand the +35 plus contract stipulations really just added to the BS factor I started feeling.

Datsyuk would be the best forward on our team at 40 IMO.

Not at all. Larkin is easily better at this point. Could make an argument for AA, Mantha, and Nyquist (if extended) as well.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
LOL why would he come back to this dumpster fire. He left the team because he saw Holland driving it into the ground with ineffective stop gap measures. Nothing showed it better than after leaving Holland surrendering a higher place in the draft to dump space that was only on the books one more year in order to sign mediocrity to lifetime contracts on a team that would be destroyed in the playoffs.

If for some reason he does come back here a sincere welcome back the nostalgia alone would make the team worth watching a few times.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I was a strong supporter of him leaving initially I'll admit. I get the wanting to be closer to family, but then he signed with a team that was still significantly far from his daughter it really didn't sit well for me. Add that to him and his agent saying they didn't understand the +35 plus contract stipulations really just added to the BS factor I started feeling.
This is brought up every time a Datsyuk thread comes up. Out of curiosity, how do people on here know where his daughter lives? I mean, yes apparently they used to live in Yekaterinburg but maybe they've since moved to St.Petersburg?

Reactions: muchbetterthanlada

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
This is brought up every time a Datsyuk thread comes up. Out of curiosity, how do people on here know where his daughter lives? I mean, yes apparently they used to live in Yekaterinburg but maybe she's since moved to St.Petersburg?
Good point. She could very well have moved, doubt that would've been a news worthy thing to report too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad