Datsyuk Going To His Actual Home. In Russia. Finally.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
It's terrible there are places in the world like that. I don't know much about living in Russia but I do know in China you aren't able to move from where you are born unless you have government permission. I imagine Daytsuk is rich and famous enough to bend the rules but Russia is pretty totalitarian just like China so I am assuming moving around freely is not always an option.
Pretty much the same rules. I grew up in the old USSR. It is not that you are not allowed to move, but people jut don't have the resources.Moat people work their whole life for a free or subsidized apartment, and, once they get it, they are stuck wherever they are. Datsyuk has enough money to go wherever he wishes, though.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
It's terrible there are places in the world like that. I don't know much about living in Russia but I do know in China you aren't able to move from where you are born unless you have government permission. I imagine Daytsuk is rich and famous enough to bend the rules but Russia is pretty totalitarian just like China so I am assuming moving around freely is not always an option.

Russia is totalitarian for poor people, not athletes worth 60+ million who played for a team literally owned by Putin. While I doubt Dats has that many nefarious hobbies, he’d probably have infinitely more freedom there than Michigan. Plus, even to this day Datsyuk struggles with english. Something to be said for cultural familiarity/nostalgia.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Maybe. Or it's just his agent creating a false "competition" of his services.

Home-town is a home-town, but I just won't understand why Datsyuk would like to go in a ****hole like his home-town. The daughter is there, yes, but he should get his daughter out from there as soon as possible.

Just watched a document about those old Sovjet secret cities, and one City called Ozersk was built for plutonium production to build nuclear weapons. That locates very near of Yekaterinburg, ~100km apart. It's a town between Chelyabinsk and Yekaterinburg. Same distances like Red Deer between Edmonton and Calgary.

'The graveyard of the Earth': inside City 40, Russia's deadly nuclear secret

All those water areas near the city are polluted with radioactive waste, after accidents with radioactive materials 50's and 60's and the radioactive waste is still there in bottom of the lakes. 50% of people there are dying for cancer, wonder why. Those old factories with non-existent waste systems on early nuclear weapon era were just dumping the waste on those rivers which are connected to every lake, and every lake is connected to natural water.

If I could choose, I wouldn't be anywhere near there behind the Ural for doing my work. Especially, if I like fishing. And if my daughter would live on that kind of area, I would be ready to pay at least one million to get her relocated on somewhere else.

Detroit could be the bad American ****hole to live, but those Russian cities ****ed with radioactivity or other pollution like Magnitogorsk are 100x worse places, I'd rather maybe die than live on them.

This is a bunch of bullshit. Ekaterinburg is a rapidly growing city with rising economy thanks to being a natural destination for people around Ural mountains and lower salaries than Moscow or St Petersburg but still much higher than average salaries in Russia (which results in cheaper but still skilled workforce). Its ecology leaves a lot to be desired but the main culprit is the combination of traffic and geography - it isn't an industrial hellhole like Norilsk and a professional hockey player earns more than enough to buy or rent property in a nicer part of the city. There is no radioactive contamination above natural levels. The main problem of Ekaterinburg is that despite all that growth there is nothing to do there and the climate is somewhat harsh even by Russian standards.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
No thanks not interested in bringing back Pavs at any cost. His best days are definitely behind him.
I wouldn't say at any cost. If we dumped Nielsen to someone with no retention (unlikely) and Dats wanted to sign 1 year for almost the minimum (also unlikely) I would want him back...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
PAvel Datsyuk, SKA St. Petersburg --> Yekateringburg
Jori Lehterä, Philadelphia --> SKA St. Petersburg

Who would go from Yekateringburg to Philadelphia?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I seriously doubt Datsyuk gave any consideration to returning to the NHL. This whole thing was:

-Posturing by his agent to get more as much money as possible from the KHL

and/or

-Clickbait from Detroit/hockey/sports media drawn from ["Datsyuk's 3 years on the Coyote's voluntary retired list expires" + "Datsyuk doesn't have a KHL deal for next season" = "Datsyuk could return to the NHL" = "Datsyuk could return to the Red Wings" = Website traffic = ad revenue]

Datsyuk left the NHL because he was sick of having Escrow steal from his checks. There's no way he was going to come back and make way less money in the NHL unless he was getting a new lucrative endorsement deal from Dr. Rahmani.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad