Datsyuk 40 minutes highlights (greatest stickhandler ever?)

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Datsyuk is the only player that I was genuinely sad for when he announced his retirement.

I rememebr one year there was a "top play of the year" challenge and the final 2 were both datsyuk.

The magic man

Reactions: Realgud

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
With hands blessed by the hockey gods. Pavel scored some of the best goals in history of hockey, he even made takeaways into an art. A true hockey artist. At his peak was Pavel the best stickhandler ever?

This here, folks, is a HIGHLIGHT REEL.

NhlFan84

Dec 29, 2010
He's definitely right there. Kovalev and Mario are right there too. Maybe Jagr as well.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I wish Twitter, Youtube and overall social media was more prevalent during Pav's heyday

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I feel bad for the players who had to play against him. It was so unfair.

Fun fac... I mean estimate: About 95% of those clips are from games against Western Conference teams.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Why is it so rare to see KHL highlights? He's been playing there for nearly 4 years now...
Age and injuries are catching up to him. He has never played a full season in the KHL IIRC(it's 165 GP in nearly 4 seasons now) and now has 22 pts in 41 games this season. It is still amazing that he gets all those points at that age, but there is definitely less footage for a highlight reel now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I feel bad for the players who had to play against him. It was so unfair.

Fun fac... I mean estimate: About 95% of those clips are from games against Western Conference teams.
Well, Detroit was in the Western Conference for most of Datsyuk's career.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I know, but that percent seems larger than it should be.
He has indeed a slightly higher P/GP against the West. .96 vs. .85, but it's not like he scored much more aginst western teams. It is more the 286 GP against East vs. 818 GP against West. Also his peak playoff performances were when Detroit was still in the Western Conference. Lots of highlits to draw from there I guess. And obviously in the playoffs the discrepancy between GP against East and West is way more significant.

Reactions: Chuck Norris Trophy

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
He has indeed a slightly higher P/GP against the West. .96 vs. .85, but it's not like he scored much more aginst western teams. It is more the 286 GP against East vs. 818 GP against West. Also his peak playoff performances were when Detroit was still in the Western Conference. Lots of highlits to draw from there I guess. And obviously in the playoffs the discrepancy between GP against East and West is way more significant.

True, very true.

OmazingGrace

Apr 19, 2019
When people at the bar ask me why i'm a redwings fan from minnesota. I just tell them look up nik Lidstrom and pavel Datsyuk. theres your answer.

edit:

How TF did he not go in the first round?? I mean like 1, 2 or 3..

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
This video omitted arguably his most astonishing accomplishment, so I’ll just leave it here:

upload_2020-2-17_9-56-33.png

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
The first time I went to a Wings game live, I was pretty keyed in on Dats. I saw him pull move after move, and at one point a puck flipped up in the air off his stick, he casually kicked it from one foot, then the other, down to his stick and kept moving through the neutral zone. It was honestly mind blowing and he made it look so routine.

He will never be considered the greatest, but to me he was the perfect player. Toughness, skill, creativity, offense, defence. Whatever you needed, he could bring it.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Probably should have a few more Selkes too.

The Selke is one of those reputation trophies, like the Norris, where you have to play good enough to win it for a couple of years before the media go "oh hey, this guy is quite good". I remember watching him around 2006 thinking "how the hell is this guy not in the Selke conversation???"

Still my favourite ever athlete, in any sport. A truly unique player.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
I'm glad same sex marriage is legal in so many countries now because there's now at least a chance of me getting to marry Datsyuk. No homo.

Perfect hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad