Confirmed with Link: Daryl Katz in hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
Maybe he is actually innocent:dunno:

Possibly.

Article suggests ''negotiations broke down'' - if true, and completely innocent, negotiations would not even take place.

Probably some modicum of truth to the allegations even if the other side is shady. The husband literally asked for 3M to keep quiet - this is the definition of extortion.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Possibly.

Article suggests ''negotiations broke down'' - if true, and completely innocent, negotiations would not even take place.

Probably some modicum of truth to the allegations even if the other side is shady. The husband literally asked for 3M to keep quiet - this is the definition of extortion.

not true, multiple times people will settle if it's reasonable regardless of guilt because the media circus around it can be damaging to them guilty or not.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Is buying sex actually illegal in where this happened?

I understand that it's a huge imago issue, but I don't personally think there's anything morally wrong in prostitution or buying sex.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
y5rFmWg.gif

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
not true, multiple times people will settle if it's reasonable regardless of guilt because the media circus around it can be damaging to them guilty or not.

Then he should counterclaim.

I don't think it goes to court without evidence, and the article has too much details (including text transcripts) - definitely plausible some elements of truth surrounding this.

Uncomfortable truth our owner is allegedly a creep.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Then he should counterclaim.

I don't think it goes to court without evidence, and the article has too much details (including text transcripts) - definitely plausible some elements of truth surrounding this.

Uncomfortable truth our owner is allegedly a creep

Frankly, we already knew that on some level.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
All I say here is "why pay millions?".. Im sure they have Craigslist down in SoCal and Vegas is a private jet flight away

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
“What else are they gonna say?” she asked. “This is not about money. This is about me standing up for other women.”
... and trying to get $3 Million dollars.

If it was about that, why has there been "negotiations". Just out the creep, and it's done.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
lol Kreepy Katz at it again. sadly i see this ALL the time

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Like anything we don't know all the facts, how true this actually is etc. Got to take it with a grain of salt. We see this stuff happen all the time only for it to be someone just trying to get easy money because the person is rich/celebrity.

Be prepared to have the media start asking mcdavid about this tmz garbage now. Sure wouldn't surprise me lol

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Both sides are probably spaking a little bit of truth. Wouldn't be surprised that he did what she said. Then there were further encounters followed by extortion. Now it's a legal matter.

Yup. This sounds about right to me

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Well does seem Katz is a bit of a creep. There is probably some truth to it. Of all the rich famous people to pick, seems unlikely someone would pick Katz for the hell of it. That being said, chick seems like a bit of a bimbo.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Like anything we don't know all the facts, how true this actually is etc. Got to take it with a grain of salt. We see this stuff happen all the time only for it to be someone just trying to get easy money because the person is rich/celebrity.

Be prepared to have the media start asking mcdavid about this tmz garbage now. Sure wouldn't surprise me lol

I hope he handles it in the hockeyest way possible.

"Connor, are you prepared to comment on the story that recently surfaced about Katz?"

"Oh, well you know, we got a good set of guys here and you gotta go into every game willing to give everything you got. Sharks are a tough opponent so we'll have to give it our all"

"Do you think the accusations have any merit?"

"Well you just gotta get pucks on net. You can't give them anything easy out there. Just keep working hard and the wins will come"

"Thanks Connor"

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Katz looks pretty bad here, but also doesn't look amazing on her for accepting money and going to his hotel room again after she was propositioned by him the first time. Not sure why she would do that if she felt harassed.

The whole thing is super cringe.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I hope he handles it in the hockeyest way possible.

"Connor, are you prepared to comment on the story that recently surfaced about Katz?"

"Oh, well you know, we got a good set of guys here and you gotta go into every game willing to give everything you got. Sharks are a tough opponent so we'll have to give it our all"

"Do you think the accusations have any merit?"

"Well you just gotta get pucks on net. You can't give them anything easy out there. Just keep working hard and the wins will come"

"Thanks Connor"

and wonder what Ovechkin would say.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
This is all rumour and gossip tabloid crap. Closing until this is real news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad