Darth Murray...The REAL Sith Master

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Larsson (who, even as a third liner represents a Dzone starting possession driver we haven't had since GGK) and Pysyk (possession driver to fall in behind Myers) needed to take major steps toward being NHLers in order for this team to drag itself up from where it was. Instead, those dudes got injured in camp / preseason.

I'm more disappointed with the assistant coaching staff's lack of cohesion and coherence than anything. I figured they'd try to junk together a 5 man shutdown unit and go from there, but they're really just shuffling deck chairs around the corpses of Ennis and Hodgson.

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
Teams headed to the bottom do not make deals to greatly improve in the short term.
The Kings are likely Murray's model for both wingers and how to rebuild.

Look at what Dean Lombardi did from 2006-08 after taking over the Kings. They were an 89 point team in 05-06
and two years later no longer had 5 of their top 10 point producers and 3/6 dmen from that team.
He traded good/useful players for futures and added stop gap veterans.

I would argue that Lombardi made zero moves that actually helped the Kings in the short term during his first two years as GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad