Darryl Sydor

Tenzen

Dec 31, 2013
In light of Minnesota playing us, and Darryl being an assistant coach, I would like to know what you think about him. Besides, Modano and Joe, he was my favorite player as teenager. I really liked him before he got injured and crawled back to the crease. Anyways, do you have the same affection I do? And do you think this franchise will ever show its proper appreciation to him? If they have, sorry. I'm not as informed as I used to be. I believe he should be remembered as an all time Dallas Star great.

aloonda*

They had a nice intro and recognition for him last year when the Wild showed up for a game. He got a great standing ovation from our crowd.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
He reminds me of how good our defense was back then. We had three top pairing defensemen at least. Sydor was probably a #2 his entire career in Dallas, maybe even a #1. Excellent defensemen, always had a soft spot for him.

Tenzen

Dec 31, 2013
As much as I love the ability to score, I just want our defense to oppose our will. We need to find a #1 defenseman. But that's like getting a #1 quarterback. If you are good enough to barely make the playoffs you will never draft to the game changer. The Stars are no different than the Cowboys. Mired in mediocrity. Its hopeless.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
He reminds me of how good our defense was back then. We had three top pairing defensemen at least. Sydor was probably a #2 his entire career in Dallas, maybe even a #1. Excellent defensemen, always had a soft spot for him.

Yeah he was a tremendous player and definitely was far better than anyone we currently have. Zubov was a late round gem but Sydor, Hatcher and Matvichuk were all top 10 picks. Maybe what we need is a couple top 10 pick dmen.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
If you are good enough to barely make the playoffs you will never draft to the game changer. The Stars are no different than the Cowboys. Mired in mediocrity. Its hopeless.

1-8-1 isn't mediocrity. It's looking like this team is headed for a top ten pick at the very least, and if they get lucky maybe a top 5 is doable.

Tenzen

Dec 31, 2013
You are right. I was being optimistic, but as much as it would hurt for Seguin, Benn, and the youngin's, it might be best if this thing tanks. We are in dire need of defense. Is there a top notch defense prospect in the draft?

Jack of Blades

Nov 14, 2013
Dallas
You are right. I was being optimistic, but as much as it would hurt for Seguin, Benn, and the youngin's, it might be best if this thing tanks. We are in dire need of defense. Is there a top notch defense prospect in the draft?

Aaron Ekblad. It's highly doubtful we get him though, as he's widely projected to go first overall, but I really like everything I've heard about Anthony Deangelo. He's a small guy for a defenseman, about 6 ft. 175 lbs., but he's a great skater with great vision and passing, always making the best decisions with the puck and has a killer shot. He could be that Karlsson, Letang, or Subban type of offensive defenseman for Dallas.

Last edited:

Brand New Stars

He just randomly decided yesterday was a day to start trolling.

Sydor was awesome until his last stint here. That doesn't ruin my view of him though.

Matsi

got paws?
Mar 22, 2005
Chiricahua Mountains
Sydor was a below average defenseman who rode Zubov's coattails to a mediocre career.

Wow - why the animosity?

I guess we all know how good a player Sydor was. Even though I'm not a Stars fan I've always had the impression that he's a good guy and a natural leader. You may have your opinion but that doesn't change the fact that he was an integral part to Dallas' success back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad