Darryl Sutter Retires From Coaching

snag

Feb 22, 2014
A true original. Which can be challenging considering he had 6 brothers. One of my favourite hockey personalities ever, congrats to him on a great career.

For those who haven't seen it this is worth a watch :laugh:

The way he talks always reminded me of Rocky....LOL

Reactions: Bleedred

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Great coach, 2004 was a long time ago but a heck of a run for the Flames. Did a lot for the Kings too obviously. Well-earned retirement.

Reactions: flamesforcup

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Thank you for all you have done.
Thank for coaching the Sharks to respectability in the early goings.
I don't thank you for leading the Kings to success because that is unforgivable. :sarcasm:

But thank you, Coach.

Reactions: MsMeow and Bleedred

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
To him hockey was a job. His true passion is farming.

I can't find the video, but he said if he's on a flight, he's not reading about hockey, he'll pickup a magazine about farm equipment instead.

I have a great affinity for Sutter as a coach. What he did in San Jose was remarkable. I believe he has the record for improving a team in points for five consecutive seasons. This guy was the catalyst for making sure the Sharks stayed relevant in the local area and league. He definitely laid the ground work for the success San Jose has achieved in the last 15 years.

Best of luck! You are one tough SOB.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Congrats on a great career. Did a great job getting the most out of his rosters. The job he did in helping my Sharks upset a heavily favored Blues team in 2000 will always be a great memory for me. He also was on the other side of some heartbreaking memories for me (2004 and of course the infamous reverse sweep). Great coach and a great career.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Congrats if this really is goodbye, but he's still young enough that it wouldn't shock me to see him tempted again and end up behind the bench.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Let his son, who has Down Syndrome, be himself. (And become quite a character..)

And was proud of who his son is.

Reminded us all of how obstacles can be overcome, and what's really important at the end of the day...

Atta boy.... Darryl!:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad