News Article: Darren Pang joins the Blackhawks’ TV booth. Colby Cohen is not returning.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Doesn’t move the needle for me - friken give wiedeman the damn tv gig. Vosters is an echl level announcer. I never watch Blackhawk broadcasts bc of his inane prattle.

Shot and a goal!!! F me. More like shot & a beer to listen to him. I was a better announcer while playing nhl 94.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I'm convinced Vosters & Colby are/were strictly PR stunts and the real story won't come out until further down the road.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Darren Pang ... the ultimate "homer" returns to the proverbial home ...utt is hard to forget all thise honey biased stuff he schticjed for tge Blues alk those years in theirvtc broadcasts ...if you like cheerleading for the team he broadcasts for then you will love the Panter...if you find 1 sided dishonest homer bias nauseating,then you will be vo.itting for 82 games.

Personally I prefer honest criticism of tge home side where warranted and notca total ignoring of the ooos's players tobwhere you just mention them i n a few short contents occasionally.
To sum up...notva fan of Pang given his style of too much over bias for the team he is paid to hype up.

Yes it will be hard for Panger to tone down going bonkers every time Bedard makes a spectacular score hapoen lifting fans out of their seats...but if hexslends 95% of the time commenting only on the Hawks lplayers Bd only 5% commenting on the ipps ...and is uncritocal when they mess up badly,...which witb Connor Barfy and Mr.Minis Jones @$9.5 then you will be looking for the vomit bag.

Pang us the ultimate homer schill...I prefer a more balanced analysis of the play.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
it was only a matter of time before he landed in a position like this with the hawks.

neutral fan of his on broadcasts, that said, I do believe that he will get better at it in Chicago

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Awesome news! We don’t have to hear about that ‘amazing career’ and ‘experiences’ of CC anymore

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
66EE0B06-25B1-4DAB-B87E-8C76CB00DB40.jpeg

HagelsBagels

Apr 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
Don't get the Pang hate, because he was with the Blues? I spent some time in St. Louis/Southern Illinois and watched a lot of Blues broadcasts and Pang is really good. Much better than the rotating analysts they had last year.

I wish they dumped Vosters for Alex Faust but I'm willing to give Chris a chance with Pang

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I was randomly watching a YouTube of Kane’s greatest playoff goals and there was one where Kane did a wrap around in double OT I think against the Blues. Anyhoo, Kane made an unbelievable play and Pang sounded like a Hawks homer. I think someone like him was needed as they were not very interesting. I will give him some time before totally flaming him.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Doesn’t move the needle for me - friken give wiedeman the damn tv gig. Vosters is an echl level announcer. I never watch Blackhawk broadcasts bc of his inane prattle.

Shot and a goal!!! F me. More like shot & a beer to listen to him. I was a better announcer while playing nhl 94.
Shot and a goal would be an improvement. It's shot and a score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad