Darren Haydar

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
does this kid have a chance at making the NHL this season? He tore up the AHL and then was the best player throughout the AHL playoffs last year.....what does his future look like? career minor leaguer?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
does this kid have a chance at making the NHL this season? He tore up the AHL and then was the best player throughout the AHL playoffs last year.....what does his future look like? career minor leaguer?

I'm sure he'll get another chance with Atlanta that he wouldn't have gotten with Nashville, but if I were to put money on it--he's a career minor leaguer, a Simon Gamache type. He has to be in the top six to succeed, but while he has NHL caliber hands, he's got minor league size and skating ability\speed. I wish him well...and the Wolves will have one of the best scorers in the AHL...but that's about all he is, IMO.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
I'm sure he'll get another chance with Atlanta that he wouldn't have gotten with Nashville, but if I were to put money on it--he's a career minor leaguer, a Simon Gamache type. He has to be in the top six to succeed, but while he has NHL caliber hands, he's got minor league size and skating ability\speed. I wish him well...and the Wolves will have one of the best scorers in the AHL...but that's about all he is, IMO.

Sounds like Corey Locke is going to be in the AHL for a long long time.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Sounds like Corey Locke is going to be in the AHL for a long long time.

I agree corey locke sounds like an ahl 4 life was just wondering a little about haydar, dont know much about him other then he tore up the ahl this past season.........so its his skating thats brutal and holding him out of the nhl?

redwingsdude

Aug 2, 2005
Grand Rapids
I just have to say that I agree with you guys that he won't ever make a real impact in the NHL, but I do have to say that he is a great player when he is playing against AHL competition, and that is nothing to scoff at. I was at game one of the Conference finals in Grand Rapids this year and was afraid of Haydar and Rinne coming in. I knew he had the stats which showed he was a good player, but after that night, there was no doubt in my mind he was the best player on the ice that night, and probably the best during the entire playoffs. Yes he is not big, and not fast, but he was always in the right spot at the right time and has very good hands. They won that game 4-0 against a Griffins team which led the league in points. He is just a VERY GOOD AHL'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->