Darren Dreger joins leaves Sportsnet,joins TSN

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
Darren Dreger and Nick Kypreos didn't see eye to eye IMO.

On more then a couple occassions, Kipper was yapping like usual, and the split screen showed Dreger looking like he's thinking, "*** and who the ******** is this guy"......

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
So, in the last few weeks, TSN has hired James Cybulski from The Score, Brian Williams from CBC and now Darren Dreger from Sportsnet.

Who's next?

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
So, in the last few weeks, TSN has hired James Cybulski from The Score, Brian Williams from CBC and now Darren Dreger from Sportsnet.

Who's next?

When does CBC's contract with the NHL expire? If TSN is trying to expand their hockey expertise, is this the start of the rumoured joint CTV/TSN bid to steal away HNIC?

hockey_nut

Mar 19, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
gonna be itneresting to see what happens with Sportsnet come the fall..

dreger's out... kypreos is leaving (according to reports)... and nobody likes watters anyway.

GSC2k2*

Who's next?
I heard that TSN is going to hire Wetcoaster, Hockeytown, and Blamebettman so they can have a nightly roundtable *****ing about how the players are getting screwed and Gary Bettman is the Dark Lord himself who has arisen from the depths of the fiery pits to wreak havoc, slay hockey players and their families by the thousands via a pitchfork up their hind quarters and generally cause mayhem and destruction, thus bringing on the End of Days of Man.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
I heard that TSN is going to hire Wetcoaster, Hockeytown, and Blamebettman so they can have a nightly roundtable *****ing about how the players are getting screwed and Gary Bettman is the Dark Lord himself who has arisen from the depths of the fiery pits to wreak havoc, slay hockey players and their families by the thousands via a pitchfork up their hind quarters and generally cause mayhem and destruction, thus bringing on the End of Days of Man.

dang, i dont rate!

i must be too moderate lol

Wetcoaster

As opposed to buying into the NHL propaganda of doom and gloom fronted by Bettman and using the Levitt work of fiction????

The NHLPA said give us access to the real NHL team books with independent audit capability and an enforceable definition of HRR (as they got under the new CBA).

Guess what - revenues ended up near what the NHLPA (and Forbes Magazine) had set out and up goes the salary cap even where the league had lost a national TV contract. Odd how that worked out.

GSC2k2*

As opposed to buying into the NHL propaganda of doom and gloom fronted by Bettman and using the Levitt work of fiction????

The NHLPA said give us access to the real NHL team books with independent audit capability and an enforceable definition of HRR (as they got under the new CBA).

Guess what - revenues ended up near what the NHLPA (and Forbes Magazine) had set out and up goes the salary cap even where the league had lost a national TV contract. Odd how that worked out.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Oh my. You have exceeded my wildest expectations, Wetty. I can barely type, much less publish a detailed rebuttal.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
When does CBC's contract with the NHL expire? If TSN is trying to expand their hockey expertise, is this the start of the rumoured joint CTV/TSN bid to steal away HNIC?

In 2007. I think TSN will push for and get Hockey Night in Canada.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
TSN and CBC signed 5 year deals with the NHL. I also believe that with the lockout one year rolled over so the current deals end afte the 07-08 season.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
In 2007. I think TSN will push for and get Hockey Night in Canada.

If CTV-TSN steal the NHL from CBC thats not going to be good for people with no cable come playoff time because CTV isnt going to replace their big name american TV series with hockey, so they would put most of the games on TSN. I dont know about the finals though.

But at least everyone who has cable has TSN, unlike it is in the States with OLN.
I was in Wyoming during June and the place I was staying at didnt have OLN. Then I stayed at 4 different hotels in different towns and not a single one of them carried it either. Thats ridiculous. Who signs a deal with a channel that a lot of cable providers have only on digital cable? The NHL of course.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is there a shortage of qualified sports reporters in the country right now? It seems like TSN is snapping up everyone they can while The Score and Sportnet are doing nothing but going downhill.

Sportsnet especially is falling off. Outside of Martine Gaillard, Sean McCormick, and Don Taylor, I'm not big on any of their regulars. Rob Faulds, Peter Loubardias, and Jim Lang especially drive me nuts. Mike Toth used to be good, but every night with Martine it's getting annoying watching him try using lame jokes for every highlight like some nerd trying way too hard to flirt with the girl. Jim Van Horne seems to barely work at all these days too.

Saint Teemu

Aug 16, 2005
Is there a shortage of qualified sports reporters in the country right now? It seems like TSN is snapping up everyone they can while The Score and Sportnet are doing nothing but going downhill.
I was wondering the same thing myself. It really seems that the other networks have become the de facto minor leagues and that TSN is 'the show'. I think the poaching began with TSN picking up the 'disgraced' Dave Hodge from CBC. Last year, TSN scooped Chris Cuthbert when CBC fired him, and now TSN's picking up guys from The Score and Sportsnet.
Sportsnet especially is falling off. Outside of Martine Gaillard, Sean McCormick, and Don Taylor, I'm not big on any of their regulars.
Don Taylor drives me Pejorative Slured with his schtick. Whenever he gets 'animated' and starts his babbling "nyahhhg" bit (usually to indicate someone's dropped the ball or muffed a play), I just turn him off. And referring to every other athlete as "The Last Name-ian One" is tiresome.

Does Dreger's hiring mean that James Duthie is out?

And can anyone tell me where relatively recent additions to TSN Holly Horton and Brian Mudryk came from? They're ok I guess, but together on SportsCentre, they're pretty dull.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
And can anyone tell me where relatively recent additions to TSN Holly Horton and Brian Mudryk came from? They're ok I guess, but together on SportsCentre, they're pretty dull.
IIRC, Holly Horton was originally supposed to be the "NHL on TSN" host when they first picked up the Tuesday night weekly games, but she backed out at the last second (my memory's pretty fuzzy on the details) and they promoted Duthie to the job instead.

She stayed with the network, but it on the "third string" doing the all-nighter SportsCenter, local reports, etc

Saint Teemu

Aug 16, 2005
IIRC, Holly Horton was originally supposed to be the "NHL on TSN" host when they first picked up the Tuesday night weekly games, but she backed out at the last second (my memory's pretty fuzzy on the details) and they promoted Duthie to the job instead.
I had heard it was Jennifer Hedger who backed out on this one.

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
I hate James Cybulski. I dont know why..there is just something about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->