NFL: Darrelle Revis retires

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I always felt he was overrated to be honest

Far from one of the best ever

I would take guys like Eric Allen and Troy Vincent over him and neither one of those guys are considered HOF by many. If Revis makes it to HOF those two better get in

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I would take guys like Eric Allen and Troy Vincent over him and neither one of those guys are considered HOF by many. If Revis makes it to HOF those two better get in

I have no idea how he isn't a Hall of Famer. His stats don't look that flashy because hardly anyone threw in his direction.

Reactions: Fighter and Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
One of the best ever on the field and maybe the best on the business side of things.

member 157595

I don't know about that. In Revis' prime he basically took away a third of the field.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
His career ended like 3 years ago when he got burned on that bomb touchdown on Thursday night football against the Bills with Tyrod Taylor.

He had a good career but the last 5 or so years of it were mostly ones to forget. Will be interesting to see if he makes the hall.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

DiaHC-CXkAAQVlS.jpg

Your take sucks and is not backed up with anything. His 2009 season was one of the most dominant ever.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I remember that year. He played in an SNF game (i think) and it showed the murderer's row of guys he absolutely shut down. Unreal.

Wasn't the most flashy but damn if he wasn't an absolute monster anyways.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Well you could make this argument with Sherman. Was he that dominant or did guys not throw at him based off reputation? Thats not his fault sure but a lot of QBs to begin with arent accurate or have strong arms and wont challenge a guy like that unless they have to. At the same time I dont think a guy like Aaron Rodgers ever challenged Sherman much for example.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Except Sherman is an entirely different type of corner. He rarely plays man coverage like Revis did. They called it Revis Island because he was in man coverage all game. Marcus Peters, Marshon Lattimore and Patrick Petersen are more Revis like.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I hate the Jets and didn't like Revis but to say he was overrated and doesn't belong in the HOF is well, odd to say the least.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They had good defenses sabotaged by offense (And that goes back to Buddy Ryan era)

This is wrong. They lost because of Buddy Ryan. His offenses were explosive but he didn't work with them at all and just let Randall be Randall. Look at what structure did for Cunningham in Minnesota.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

Except that Revis was much better than those guys.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Well you could make this argument with Sherman. Was he that dominant or did guys not throw at him based off reputation? Thats not his fault sure but a lot of QBs to begin with arent accurate or have strong arms and wont challenge a guy like that unless they have to. At the same time I dont think a guy like Aaron Rodgers ever challenged Sherman much for example.
Sherman is also a shoe in HOF player. Revis gets in right away.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The hall is getting so oversaturated. This generation will put almost anybody in the hall. Not everyone can make it otherwise it loses its value.
If you don't think Revis belongs in the HOF than you probably didn't watch him play much. His rapid decline in his years after his SB win should not adversely affect his prior success

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad