Darnell Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comic Book Guy*

Can we please have an objective discussion about him here?

I keep hearing hyperboles like:

oilerfanboy said:
Oh man, he's so good! He can play 20 minutes a night in the NHL!!!!

macTkoolaid said:
If it wasn't for him, McDavid would have had 40 points! ROFLCOPTER!!!!

Stop! Just stop!

- Erie has scored 12 even-strength goals this series
- Darnell Nurse was on the ice for 8 of them
- The guy was on for 67% of the goals against his team

I get that he plays a high volume of minutes, but don't make it seem like he's some king of defensive wunderkind. He's playing well, but he's not Shea Weber. He does not project to be a top pairing defenseman. He is on pace to be a solid #3 or #4. He's not good enough offensively to be on the top pairing and he's not good enough defensively to be a #2 compliment for a true #1.

The dude is playing against 17-20 year olds and he's 20 years old himself. He can't stop a bunch of teenagers on a consistent basis. How do you expect this boy to stop men for 20 minutes a night in 5 months?

Can you guys please keep everything in context? I like Darnell Nurse and I'm a huge fan. But you're raising your expectations too high. This guy should not and will not be part of the Oilers this fall. He should follow the Keith path in the AHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I don't see why this discussion couldn't have continued in the other threads.

Comic Book Guy*

I don't see why this discussion couldn't have continued in the McDavid vs Nurse thread.
Because I don't care about McDavid. He's not an Oiler. I want to talk about your unhealthy and unfair expectations of the Oiler, Darnell Nurse.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Haha sensibility? What's that?

Most metrics have McDavid playing as a 60 point player had he played in the NHL this season.

Nurse is getting lit up by a mid tier first line NHL center.

McDeathbyCheerios*

His team isn't helping.
He will be doing his job shutting down McDavid for the most part. He isn't scoring 5on5. But Nurse can't cover every player in the ice. He can't make his goaltender make a save either.

Maybe 2 goals this series you can say Nurse messed up on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad