Darling

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'm sticking with my theory that Scott's beard is fake and that he puts on a blond wig to tweet as "Sarah."

kramer-yeah.gif

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Before we got Darling, I said we needed to go after a goalie with legitimate seasons as a starter, no exceptions. My opinion on that hasn’t changed. It’ll take a lot, it’ll probably piss us off, and it might not be pretty, but that should be our goal. We can’t tank another season on a guess, a roll of the dice. It hasn’t worked the many times we’ve tried. Who or how is beyond my pay grade, so I’ll leave it to the Hall of Famer to figure that one out

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Darling sucks, but if you were going to start him in the back to back, Peters picked the right game. Cam is something like 23-4-5 against the Islanders or some absurd number like that. He’s the better choice for a back to back against a high scoring team. And if you want to play Cam every night I suggesting looking back to last season when they tried that and he broke by January.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Darling sucks, but if you were going to start him in the back to back, Peters picked the right game. Cam is something like 23-4-5 against the Islanders or some absurd number like that. He’s the better choice for a back to back against a high scoring team. And if you want to play Cam every night I suggesting looking back to last season when they tried that and he broke by January.
It still remains THIS SEASON that running Ward into the ground is our only option if we want to try to make the playoffs, and we knew that even before Darling imploded in on himself again last night. Darling sucking balls while taking the majority of the starts to begin the season took some of the typical load off of Ward, he should be more than ready to play as much as possible now. Ride Cam until he can't be ridden anymore, or until we're firmly out of playoff position. Starting Darling in any critical game simply should not be an option until Cam is crippled or we're mathematically eliminated.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It still remains THIS SEASON that running Ward into the ground is our only option if we want to try to make the playoffs, and we knew that even before Darling imploded in on himself again last night. Darling sucking balls while taking the majority of the starts to begin the season took some of the typical load off of Ward, he should be more than ready to play as much as possible now. Ride Cam until he can't be ridden anymore, or until we're firmly out of playoff position. Starting Darling in any critical game simply should not be an option until Cam is crippled or we're mathematically eliminated.

That’s just not true. If you try to ride Cam for 25 games he’s going be as bad as Darling by mid March.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Seems pretty obvious to me why they did it. It worked in the most recent set of back to backs to play them that way. They were likely hoping the fresh team in front of Darling would overall work to get them a win, and then Cam could carry the load if need be on the second night. As mentioned, Cam has a good track record against the Isles. I feel like people will mention not needing to run Ward into the ground, and how we'll likely need Darling to play some and get some wins down the stretch for us to have a chance, and then they put a reasonable plan in place, and then everyone loses their minds. It didn't work, but I think it was a reasonable strategy.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Seems pretty obvious to me why they did it. It worked in the most recent set of back to backs to play them that way. They were likely hoping the fresh team in front of Darling would overall work to get them a win, and then Cam could carry the load if need be on the second night. As mentioned, Cam has a good track record against the Isles. I feel like people will mention not needing to run Ward into the ground, and how we'll likely need Darling to play some and get some wins down the stretch for us to have a chance, and then they put a reasonable plan in place, and then everyone loses their minds. It didn't work, but I think it was a reasonable strategy.

Darling was going to start one of the two games. You can make arguments for either one, acting like one is an objectively stupid decision compared to the other is dumb.

You two are obviously awful at this second-guessing thing.

On top of that, I disagree. There's no rule saying your best goalie can't play two games in a row when you're in a death struggle to get points. Especially when your second goalie has been playing like a steaming pile of garbage.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
On top of that, I disagree. There's no rule saying your best goalie can't play two games in a row when you're in a death struggle to get points.

That ended in disaster barely 12 months ago.

You can make the argument that Peters should run Ward into the ground and pray his health holds because Darling is nigh auto loss at this point. Or even just do it this weekend. But i don't think it's fair to say that not doing so is an objectively stupid decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->