Darkhorse prospects to have a great NHL career?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Already mentioned Gaudette but forgot also

Willie Lockwood
Mckenzie
Guilam Briesbois
Carl Neil

Vancouver has a lot of interesting guys in the last couple of drafts. Feels fairly likely at least one of them will have a solid NHL career. Gaudette, Neill and Brisebois are all great under-the-radar prospects that I liked a lot in their draft year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Homer vote: Caleb Jones. Has all the tools, lets see if he can put it all together.

Tim Söderlund is an interesting name too. Undrafted but could be selected this year.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
On page three I said Zach Hyman. This time I'll say Christoffer Ehn and Tucker Poolman.

Was going to say this. He'll play in the NHL next year and become full-time quickly I think.

I believe Erik Foley will make it as well for the Jets.

Outside of the Jets I'll go:
Patrick Harper (Nashville)
Sebastian Aho (undrafted for reasons unknown)

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I really like Taylor Beck from Nashville. I think he's gonna make a very good career (maybe not as a 1st liner, but probably as a 2nd liner).

I have a good feeling for Alex Killorn also from TB. He's a solid and feisty player with grit and scoring touch. He grew a hell of a lot since being drafted in 07. He was drafted as a skinny 5'9 forward (160 pounds). He's now 6'2'' and 200 pounds.

heh, 1 out of 2.

could be worse.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
From Calgary might as well throw Stepan Falkovsky out there. 6'7" 20 year old Belarussian defenseman playing in the ECHL. Has been absolutely rediculous since the start of the new year. Looking forward to seeing him in the AHL next year.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I don't know much about him but I'm wondering what makes him a longshot?
He finished a great last year in the Q and has followed it up with a really respectable rookie season in the AHL.
He has 11 points in his last 12 games (8 of those are goals).

I think he'll have trouble adjusting to the physicality of the NHL. His offensive instincts are good, but if he can't create time and space for himself I think he'll struggle. I'm hoping he turns out to be a solid player but he could also go the same route as a guy like Rattie

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
From Calgary might as well throw Stepan Falkovsky out there. 6'7" 20 year old Belarussian defenseman playing in the ECHL. Has been absolutely rediculous since the start of the new year. Looking forward to seeing him in the AHL next year.

I'm also thinking Eetu Tuulola has a good shot at being a bottom 6 RW in a similar mold to Ferland.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think Haula is a darkhorse prospect. Selected in the 7th round and went on to put up 24 points in 34 games as a freshman playing for the University of Minnesota. I think he could be a pretty good 2nd liner someday.

Not quite a 2nd liner but a very solid 3C. Well done.

Haagen Dazs

Mar 23, 2016
I'll throw down a couple and see how they look in a couple of years.

Rudolfs Balcers - A Latvian that developed in Norway, uber talented

Rem Pitlick - compensation for Vesey

Dennis Yan - A Russian sambo powered sniping machine

Adin Hill - A laterally efficient transformer

Otto Koivula - the youngest player taken in the last draft

Karel Vejmelka - another NSH goalie gem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->