Darkhorse Prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Sidney Crosby...

I think Roman Kukumberg of the Leafs has a decent shot at some good things...

I can't really say for the lesser known prospects of others...

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
lemieux32 said:
What lesser known prospect do you think will have a big year? In other words who is the darkhorse prospect for this season?

Niklas Kronwall, altho I don't know if he's really a darkhorse....

Unless we're talking about Calder trophy nominees, then he is.

He's probably going to be pretty good,but longshot for Calder nomination.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Marek Svatos, he is known but isnt considered a amazing prospect, but with his speed and shot i think he will have a great season

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
^I would consider Kronwall and Ladd much more known prospects than Ryder, Hunter, and Raycroft were.

freakazoid said:
I think he meant the next Ryder/Hunter/Raycroft type of player.

In that case...

Rene Borque could have a good season in Chicago. If the Hawks dont bring in anyone else, which is still in the air, he will get plenty of time on the 2nd line. He already surprised a ton of people going from undrafted to AHL RotY. He also won the hardest shot competition in the AHL all star game, has some good size, hands, and effort. Still no one knows his name. 30-40 points is completely possible.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
A real dark darkhorse could be Ahren Nittel for NJ, the guy was a scoring machine in the AHL last year (when he wasn't injured), and if by some miracle he makes the roster and gets PP time, you just never know...

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
freakazoid said:
I think he meant the next Ryder/Hunter/Raycroft type of player.

yeah sounds like he wants the "off the radar types".....hmmm let me take a stab at it.. how about Balatski (a bit older) or bochenski?
maybe Filppula for detroit? I think if he played one more year in the SM-liiga his point production would have rivalled Immonen or Jokinen.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Jaroslav Balastik from the Blue Jackets might be a good candidate. He’ll be 26 in November, so I’m not sure if you can still call him a prospect per se, but the guy has been a stud in the Czech league, leading the league in goals in both of the last two years.
He was named the league’s best forward last year, even with the influx of NHL-calibre players.
He’s got decent size, is allegedly pretty strong and will compete for a spot on a scoring line.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
outside possibility with Chad LaRose. He went undrafted, but he's workhorse of a player in the minors that could have a shot at the Canes lineup if everything clicks right for him in training camp. He will get his shot in the next couple season reguardless of if it happens this year or next.

Niclas Nordgren is another possibility. The Canes are going to give this guy every chance to make it this year and if he cracks the top 9 forwards, I have a feeling he'll put up some solid numbers. He seems to be off most peoples radars because he hasn't played a game at even the AHL level to date.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Is there any horse out there that's darker than Mark Streit? The twenty-seven-year-old Swiss defenceman drafted 262nd overall a couple of years back has a real shot at cracking the Habs' lineup.

Andrew Ladd? C'mon people. I think anyone drafted iin the top ten overall gets a lifetime exemption from being termed a "dark horse".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad