dark horse goalie prospects

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'd say James Reimer....Machesney...Keetley

Glad you mentioned Reimer. My Maple Leafs selected him this year. JFJ has been very lucky in terms of goalies and I hope this one works out for him too. He's had good stats in WHL. I'm gonna watch out for him...:)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Only speaking from a Kings standpoint, as I don't know enough about the other goalies thrown around here to say... but Zatkoff, at the moment, is our best goaltending prospect, in my opinion. Bernier has more upside, but Zatkoff looked like the best in development camp.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Alec Richards, he was not drafted but what do you think of him? Are NHL teams ignoring for his lack of puck handling ability?

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
How about Cedric Desjardins

Never drafted, Memorial Cup Champion , coached by Patrick Roy and showed great skill... might end up being a good back up

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
I've been saying for a couple of years now, Ryan Mior of the PEI Rocket never gets any recognition but seems to finally have found some with the Buffalo Sabres. He had a very impressive prospect camp with them and will undoubtedly be returning for thie Sabres main rookie camp.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
I still want to know how the hell did Levasseur fall to the 7th round?

I am still scratching my head over that one.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I might sound like a homer here, but Martin Houle of the Philadelphia Flyers might be a real sleeper here. He was an 8th round pick of the Flyers back in either 2003 or 2004. He started the 2005-2006 season in Trenton of the ECHL and he then made his way to Phantoms of the AHL after the tandem of Jamie Storr and Rejean Beauchemin (who was supposed to be the better of the goalie prospects between him and Houle) couldn't cut it.

Houle came in and became the starter and his numbers weren't bad with the Phantoms either - 2.54 GAA, 18-18-1 Record, 2 Shut Outs and .914 Save Percentage. With a better team in front of him, his numbers should only get better too. Not too bad for someone who was only supposed to be targeted for the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->