Aug 14, 2005
Couple of more names:

Tyler Plante - Florida
Justin Peters - Carolina
Pika Rienne (sp?) - Nashville
Thomas Griess - now Pittsburgh

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Thomas Greiss should be near the top, but since he plays in Europe no one knows much (same as Lundqvist at the time).

Victory Ali*

brian bridges from seattle

2004-05 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL 58 0 0 0 3381 101 0 13 1.79 36 20 2 1287 0.927

13 freakin shutouts. He's undersized but the guy has ability, think he's in vancouvers pro system

Bridges was a phenom in the WHL and looked like a man playing among boys. Last I heard he signed in the ECHL though. Hopefully he makes it to at least the AHL because Bridges was insanely good and a key reason the T-Birds went so far in their 2004-2005 season.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Pekka Rinne - Not sure if you can consider him a darkhorse anymore.
Thomas Greiss
Kari Ramo
Leland Irving - Just Becuase people dont respect him enough.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Darren Machesney
Michael Neuvirth

Semen Varlamov is probably underrated but he was drafted in the first round. Not sure how a top 30 pick could be a dark horse.

NeonDion

Jun 21, 2006
Leland Irving - Just Because people dont respect him enough.

^^Agreed

To this I'd add Matt Keetly who doesn't look bad for where he was picked. He was picked quite late because he was playing behind Nastiuk IIRC.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think it's safe to say before this thread reaches the end of the line EVERY goaltender that's been drafted over the past five years will be mentioned.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Thomas Greiss - this kid always had the reflexes but his physical and mental maturity over the past two years is phenomenal. He played against Canada at the Olympics and didn't look out of place what so ever.

He really looks like the next Miikka Kipprusoff for his athleticism and elilte mental make up.

I agree, he has put up great numbers back in Germany. I saw him against Canada in the Olympics and he looked ok, but had he played outstanding he would have started to get much more respect around here.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Thomas Greiss - this kid always had the reflexes but his physical and mental maturity over the past two years is phenomenal. He played against Canada at the Olympics and didn't look out of place what so ever.

He really looks like the next Miikka Kipprusoff for his athleticism and elilte mental make up.

Beat me too it. Greiss is very promising.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Semen Varlamov.

People are still underrating this kid, should have been a top 15 pick. He's good.

i was gonna say him but since he was a 1st rounder i figured that eliminates him from being a "darkhorse"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->