Dark Home Jersey vs White Home Jersey

Which do you prefer?

• Dark Home, White Road

• White Home, Dark Road

Results are only viewable after voting.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I'd like to see more colours than just white as the "light" jersey. Yellow would be nice, for instance. I hope the new Seattle team would consider that approach to separate themselves a little.

Like the Kings in the 80's when their colours were yellow and crimson. Or the Bruins 3rd jerseys in the 90's.

Preds' yellow should definitely be their road jersey, and have a dark home version.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Whenever it's possible - Dark vs. dark
Clash in regular season - White home
Clash in the playoffs - Dark home

That way teams only get to carry one set of jerseys on the road.

And seasons tickets holders get to see a little variety (but frankly 99% of the fans are watching on TV anyway).

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I have no memory of white home jerseys so it seems weird to me, also I find wearing your team colors seems more dominant and bold, something that the home team has the right to do. The away team shows some respect and just has accents of their team colors. Also don't most fans buy dark jerseys way more than white? partially the simple fact that white stains way easier, so wouldn't people like to be wearing the same jerseys as their team when they go to games?

Wow, the fact that you don't remember of white home jersey makes me feel old, lol. It's unbelievable that it's been that long already since they made the switch. Anyway, I like dark on the road. Just looks "right".

Reactions: EdJovanovski

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Definitely dark at home. Teams should be represented by their own colours.

I do think that the NHL needs to be a lot less traditional though in terms of uni matchups. Dark on dark whenever possible is awesome. Winnipeg should wear white at home in the playoffs. Teams should have more options for unis (like a second dark colour for most teams).

But someone like Edmonton should basically always have a dark on dark. If they play Toronto, they wear orange. If they play Philly, they wear blue.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
All I know is none of this dark vs dark nonsense please. Hard on the eyes. And if Edmonton could ditch the orange for the blue that would be great as well!

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Dark vs dark works in soccer and basketball because the designs are simpler.

Hockey jerseys are a bit too busy for dark vs dark.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Why is there a standard? That's the stupidest thing imo. All teams are in the entertainment business - and I think all teams should want to promote this. So simply - mix it up?

Have the home team be the ones in charge of making the final call (in case they disagree with visiting team) - but basically some games could be:

Dark on Dark
White on Dark
Dark on white
maybe even White on White if different enough

As a habs fan - seeing Montreal red vs Toronto Blue could be a lot of fun.

I really wish they did this more. The winter classic with Red Wings and Leafs in red and blue respectively looked great. Soccer has been doing this for years and the nba is starting to as well. As long as the dark jerseys don’t contrast (there was that nfl game a few years ago where red/green colorblind people couldn’t differentiate the jerseys) they should allow teams to mix it up more.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
While teams should be free to wear white home or away, it shouldn't be the norm.

Just let the home team choose freely what they want, and the away team can then play in whatever doesn't conflict with it.

Reactions: gump116

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Whites at home.
I’d rather see the opposing teams nicer jerseys every-time they’re playing my team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->