• Dark Home, White Road

• White Home, Dark Road

Results are only viewable after voting.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
It doesn't really matter to me, but I voted white home cause that was always the convention I remember growing up.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I have no memory of white home jerseys so it seems weird to me, also I find wearing your team colors seems more dominant and bold, something that the home team has the right to do. The away team shows some respect and just has accents of their team colors. Also don't most fans buy dark jerseys way more than white? partially the simple fact that white stains way easier, so wouldn't people like to be wearing the same jerseys as their team when they go to games?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Darks at home, whites on the road for a couple of reasons. First, they're your colors, you should wear them at home in front of your fans. Second, it minimizes the amount of equipment teams have to take on the road, generally.

Reactions: Machinehead

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Dark home and white road. Everyone would do the whiteout thing come to the playoffs :sarcasm:

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
White home. That way fans get to see all the varying colours of the opposing teams. As it is now, home team in dark, away always boring white.

Reactions: OilCanada92

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The Oilers pylon jerseys almost made me pick option 2 but then I remembered back to the beautiful royal blues and it was an easy choice.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
THE answer is obvious to me. While I’m used to dark at homer now the answer is the opposite.

White at home is a lot better.

This way the home fans don’t Always get the same colours every game. Detroit day an Sunday have to look at dark red vs white every single home game. (For instance)

Plus white outs could be whiteouts it’s and towel colours mostly white could be for home crowd and look better on tv.

I get the argument the other way at about fans seeing their own colours but still...it’s mostly a money grab I think for the dark ones at home.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
THE answer is obvious to me. While I’m used to dark at homer now the answer is the opposite.

White at home is a lot better.

This way the home fans don’t Always get the same colours every game. Detroit day an Sunday have to look at dark red vs white every single home game. (For instance)

Plus white outs could be whiteouts it’s and towel colours mostly white could be for home crowd and look better on tv.

I get the argument the other way at about fans seeing their own colours but still...it’s mostly a money grab I think for the dark ones at home.
Wouldn't it be the opposite? More people buy dark jerseys because they don't stain or dirty as easily as white jerseys, and more people want the home jersey because they want to be wearing what their team is wearing at the game. If they wore White jerseys at home more people would be buying whites, as well as still buying dark for general wear because of the stain factor

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Why is there a standard? That's the stupidest thing imo. All teams are in the entertainment business - and I think all teams should want to promote this. So simply - mix it up?

Have the home team be the ones in charge of making the final call (in case they disagree with visiting team) - but basically some games could be:

Dark on Dark
White on Dark
Dark on white
maybe even White on White if different enough

As a habs fan - seeing Montreal red vs Toronto Blue could be a lot of fun.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Wouldn't it be the opposite? More people buy dark jerseys because they don't stain or dirty as easily as white jerseys, and more people want the home jersey because they want to be wearing what their team is wearing at the game. If they wore White jerseys at home more people would be buying whites, as well as still buying dark for general wear because of the stain factor

That’s exactly what I’m saying the part you bolded wAs about me understanding the very argument you’re laying out.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I grew up with home whites, but prefer the home colors. Would be fun to get a few games a year with home whites though. Especially against the great color jerseys like Chicago.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It was an adjustment for me when they made homes dark. But they've been dark for so long now and that format really went on from my teens into adulthood that going back would really just feel unnatural. And as others have already said in this thread, dark jerseys generally show off more of the team's colors except for teams that wear black.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
White home is the classic, good guys in white etc

But the darks show team colors more, and crowd wearing all dark is gonna look more intemidating and most fans buy home jerseys i’d assume. So i voted dark at home, wouldn’t really care even if it changed tho.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
White home. That way you see the other teams colors and get some variety.
I think the majority of people at games that’s like their only game of the year, if that. And they’re going there to see their home team, not the other team.

I’m a Rangers fan from Vancouver and go to like 8 games per season and I go based on teams I want to see play as I’m not a Canucks fan. But the vast majority are casual fans who are just cheering for the home team and aren’t avid followers or hockey like people on this forum would be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->