Darin Olver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkymoses

Komi#1 said:
Do you have any infos on him? He's putting decent numbers for a freshman in CCHA 10pts in 10gp...

Thanks

Uh, BCHL last year, player of the year in that league I believe. He's getting premium icetime at NMU since they lost their top 4 or 5 scorers. Everyone in college was big time after him but his dad's a personal friend of NMU's coach. There were some rumblings that he was "as good or better than" Tambellini... doubt that personally. I saw him earlier this year but he didn't really stand out.

He was ranked somewhere in the 90s by the CSB last year but opted out. He's small, shifty, good puckhandler. Probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder (just a guess).

IceMelter

Feb 23, 2003
The Wack
I saw him a few times when he played with the Chiefs, BCJHL.

He's definately a pure offensive player, he should become a big time scorer in that league. However i'm not sure if he has bulked up his frame this year, something which he needed to do to even make himself more valuable.

He's a playoff performer as well, seems to rise for the big games that I watched.

You will notice that he will most likely end up with more assists then goals by a fairly good margin, although don't underestimate his shot because he is a pure sniper.

I just looked and it says he is 170, while he was only about 160 last year so thats a good improvement, hopefully he will continue to fill out his frame.

IceMelter

Feb 23, 2003
The Wack
Funkymoses said:
There were some rumblings that he was "as good or better than" Tambellini... doubt that personally.

Yeah, I can't see him ever being better or as good as Tambellini, he was just plain amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->