dare I post about fantasy baseball :)

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Hey baseball buffs.....I'm in a keeper fantasy league where one of our keepers has to be a "prospect" and has to stay on our roster for 3 years. This is a turnover year so I need a new prospect by the end of the season. I currently have Dylan Carlson who fits the bill. But his play has been uninspiring. I can hold onto him and hope he works out for the next couple years, but there's some high end talent available as well. Mackenzie Gore is one (but it's tricky adding a prospect pitcher because you only have a set number of pitchers on your roster, your prospect holds a spot even if he pitches or not...), Jared Kelenic. Jo Adell and Julio Rodiguez is also available. Who would you grab of those 5. I'm looking for who you feel will make the biggest impact next year and the year after. Thanks..

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Hey baseball buffs.....I'm in a keeper fantasy league where one of our keepers has to be a "prospect" and has to stay on our roster for 3 years. This is a turnover year so I need a new prospect by the end of the season. I currently have Dylan Carlson who fits the bill. But his play has been uninspiring. I can hold onto him and hope he works out for the next couple years, but there's some high end talent available as well. Mackenzie Gore is one (but it's tricky adding a prospect pitcher because you only have a set number of pitchers on your roster, your prospect holds a spot even if he pitches or not...), Jared Kelenic. Jo Adell and Julio Rodiguez is also available. Who would you grab of those 5. I'm looking for who you feel will make the biggest impact next year and the year after. Thanks..
I think the choice is between Adell and Gore.

Gore is at a premium position and easily one of the top arm prospects in the game. However, will he play in the majors next year with San Diego’s pretty deep rotation and it sounds like your league limitations make it extra risky.

Therefore I think you take Adell. He is ahead of Gore on most ranking sites and has already made the jump to the pros. He is widely considered one of the best prospects in baseball and should offer a lot of help in multiple categories despite his rough start.

Kelenic is the same age but hasn’t made the jump yet and is getting passed in the rankings from what I’ve noticed. Julio Rodriguez has more time to grow but will he play next year in the majors?

I could probably evaluate it closer and give a more personal evaluation, but I find it’s better to follow the expert consensus and that is certainly Adell.

Reactions: xgallantx

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
All good options. Prospect pitchers are sketchy so I think I'd shy away from Gore as good as he is.

I think I'd rank them as follows:
Adell
Kelenic
Gore
Rodriguez
Carlson

Adell had a rough part season in AAA last year and then in the majors this year, but it's such a small sample I'd still put him on top of this list. Kelenic is a good all around prospect too though... speed and power. I'd choose one of them. Next two years Adell is probably safer since he's already in the majors.

Reactions: xgallantx

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Thanks for the input guys. Right now I've got Carlson, Gore and Kelenic on the roster, someone else snatched up Adell. Rodriguez is still available. I kinda really want to keep Gore but its a big risk factor due to league rules. Carlson seemed to come on a bit late in the season, I that was the guy I drafted so I'm leaning that way too. I like Kelenics diversity but how far off is he??? If Kelenic or Carlson were infielders it would be better, I already have Betts and Bellinger as keepers, along with Bieber, Devers and Bregman...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad