Darcy Tucker Says Season is toast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
Has anyone seen this news article? Is it just player posturing or does it merit truth?

Tucker says it's toast,
Leaf awaits season's cancellation
(Toronto Sun)

According to Darcy Tucker's lockout clock, midnight has come and gone for a hockey season. "It's 1 a.m., to me," the Maple Leafs forward said yesterday as the NHL prepares the official death notice for some time next week. "I really thought this was over three weeks ago when the time to have a proper season passed."

Tucker says he and his union allies are not going to fold at the last second, holding on for a free market system. "We've known a long time this day would come," Tucker said. "We've taken a stance and we believe in it, all 700 of us."

Commissioner Gary Bettman said the cancellation of the season was inevitable if no serious collective bargaining was under way with the Players' Association by today and tomorrow.

But even if the linkage question is the long sought -after middle ground, it likely won't be applied until later in 2005 or '06. Both Saskin and Daly said neither side had plans to get in touch this weekend and both expect the season to pass away.

"It looks bleak at best," Leafs general manager John Ferguson said.

Oilers Ent

Aug 31, 2002
Burnaby, BC
robandgen.blogspot.com
Gee - how many players and media have already said this?

It's starting to sound like a mantra. As if they have all been turned into zombies... oh my god... that's it!? That's why there hasn't been any progress in talks - Bob Goodenow, the players, the owners, and the media have all turned to zombies! :eek:

How will this EVER get done!?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Darcy and his 700 buddies sticking together...these guys have gone from being respected athletes into greed mongers, no doubt in my mind...Owners own, and players play...no cap, no play, no money...very wise boys... :shakehead

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
hell this is the first time ive been Optimistic in a while.

Obviously Darcy Tucker is 3 eggs short of just a Half of Dozen, so what ever he says, OBVIOUSLY cant be true.

WHOO HOO!

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
It's the same old crap we've been hearing for a while. One week the owners are hopeful, that same week the players says it's a lost cause. The next week the players are hopeful and the owners say it's a lost cause.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
svetovy poharu said:
Tucker says he and his union allies are not going to fold at the last second, holding on for a free market system. "We've known a long time this day would come," Tucker said. "We've taken a stance and we believe in it, all 700 of us."
All 700 NHLPA members believe in the stance the NHLPA leaders have taken because Darcy Tucker said it.

Who does he think he's fooling?

I'll add Tucker onto my list of NHLPAers who have zero credibility.

Roger's Pancreas*

Why's he talking like this couldn't have been avoided.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hockeyfan02 said:
When did anyone pay to see Darcy Tucker play anyway?

Cmon now he was one of the few things worth watching in Tampa when he was with us. That's not saying much compared to the rest of the team that was playing him, but still..

Nobody knows crap about what's really going on so I don't see what's the big deal about any player or owner saying anything. Although I've pretty much lost all hope for the moment.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Hoek said:
Cmon now he was one of the few things worth watching in Tampa when he was with us. That's not saying much compared to the rest of the team that was playing him, but still..

He was one of few bright spots when he was playing here in Tampa. Just trying to make a joke that has been shot down.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hehe didn't mean to shoot it down. Just struck me as odd to see a Bolts fan say that, but didn't mean to be serious about it myself.

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
Scugs said:
Call me a biased Leaf fan, but when he is on the ice someone tends to get hammered. Even if its himself. Fun to watch. :yo:

absolutely biased, I have about as much use for this piece of crap as I did for Dale Hunter. Guys like him are what is wrong with hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad