Speculation: Darcy tucker. Never happen again but hilarious. I miss real nasty hockey some days .

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Tucker and Domi were crazy but super entertaining.

Nothing like it in the modern NHL.

Tucker was not only a tough guy but was also a scoring threat and Domi would provide you the necessary toughness that was needed in that era (the enforcer) and yet he would give you some needed goals as well (approx. 8 - 10 goals a season).

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
That blow hard Burke preaches that our Leafs need proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence. Then, he goes and trades for Phil Kessel!

Our Leafs could use a Darcy Tucker type player right now IMHO. Darcy could play some hockey by scoring goals, hitting and throwing punches when necessary. That's something we could use on Matthews wing.
totally disingenuous inre your statement about Burkie

he had Primeau, Mayers, Orr, Rosehill, Exelby, Deveaux all in the system, he didn't need more muscle, he needed scoring

Reactions: colchar

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Hope this links for me.

Lets pay some homage to some of our nasty Scrappers of the past since we might never ser it again. Watch tucks clean Chara out lol. ;))

Lots of Boston beating ha. Add some favorites of your own since it's completely not our identity again for about ever ;)

That chara hit brings back nostalgia

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Favorite players of all time. We need that type of sucka dirt back there. Kadri's aaight, but Tucker, Corson, Roberts Domi etc were some real fools in this dirt. They ride that dirt to the fullest. To the bloody end. We needs that there if want to succeed and lift that cup. Did that and do it. Get some.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Favorite players of all time. We need that type of sucka dirt back there. Kadri's aaight, but Tucker, Corson, Roberts Domi etc were some real fools in this dirt. They ride that dirt to the fullest. To the bloody end. We needs that there if want to succeed and lift that cup. Did that and do it. Get some.

Coach where have you been - when you are going to start a new thread

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Coach where have you been - when you are going to start a new thread
I'm bout my money mayne. But I'm bout to start some real cool action jackson soon enough holmes. We gon see to it and get it done. Our Toronto Maple Leafs and Tucker deserve it. In the mean while, invest to the maple leafs organisation and make them even more rich and powerful. We have it all now mayne. The money, the power and the personel.

Reactions: MJ65

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
My favourite player since his Kamloops Blazer days. My coach did their radio coverage so he would often have various players attend our practices. He and Tyson Nash seemed to enjoy it the most. He gave me a little lesson on lifting the puck up infront of the net. When he started scoring at will with his JVR-like net front presense later in his Leafs career, I would think back to that memory. I was sad to see him end up on the Habs, but jumping up and down when he was traded from the Lightning. I loved his nastyness with scoring touch. Ashame he didn't get to retire a Leaf.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I would say Tucker was very similar to Kadri.. Although Tucker was meaner and tougher and more of a shit disturber. Kadri plays like Tucker when he gets mad, Tucker always played like Tucker and would fight Patrick Eaves randomly or throw body check after body check after body check just for the sake of it. Kadri is usually pretty tame in comparison... Until he gets mad

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
How is it possible that having Tucker on the team didn’t prevent this from happening? Isn’t that the point of having someone like him?
Possibly the same way that the penal system is designed to help reduce the frequency that people break the law.
It’s not going to stop people from ever breaking the law, but for the most part, when people are contemplating whether to do something stupid or not, the 5-25 year sentence in jail is something they weigh.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Not sure how Tucker “represents an era of mediocrity” when Sundin was there for that exact same era from ‘99-‘00 onwards. Including the ‘02 conference final. Shouldn’t the buck stop with Sundin or can he do no wrong ?

Are we comparing Sundin to Tucker? I'm saying the love Tucker got from Leafs fans (arguably more love than Sundin, who wasn't unanimously loved) was not comperable to the value the player provided. Hence, I think he was one of the most overrated Leafs of that generation. He was a good player but highly replaceable, but that wasn't really reflected in the love he received. I think there were similarly a bunch of good/mediocre players in that era that Leaf fans simply unanimously loved unconditionallly. I don't mean to say Tucker was the only one, just that he is one of those guys that represents the love affair Toronto has with those types of players - unfairly I would add.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not sure how Tucker “represents an era of mediocrity” when Sundin was there for that exact same era from ‘99-‘00 onwards. Including the ‘02 conference final. Shouldn’t the buck stop with Sundin or can he do no wrong ?
It was a very successful pat Quinn era actually so I don't get that very much also :)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
This was memorable too... if only because I took a client to the game who turned out to be an obnoxious Sens fan (should have known). Score was 5-1 Sens (regular season of course) and this was about the only highlight of the game:

He seemed to find a way to get away from the tie downs by getting his right arm free in most fights.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Possibly the same way that the penal system is designed to help reduce the frequency that people break the law.
It’s not going to stop people from ever breaking the law, but for the most part, when people are contemplating whether to do something stupid or not, the 5-25 year sentence in jail is something they weigh.

Except no correlation between having an enforcer and getting hit less or less injuries has ever been determined. In fact studies show that it’s mostly random.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad