Darcy Kuemper

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Will he be locked in as the starter for next season, or is it too early to tell? IMO, Arizona is staying alive due to his recent performances...
Too early. I agree Keumper has been great but so has the D who are limiting chances largely to the perimeter. The same thing they did last year when Raanta had a great run down the stretch and Adin Hill this season during the period where he was deemed the superior option to Keumper. We have a 1A/1B situation and we are fine with it.

Reactions: Jakey53

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Kuemper has been fantastic, has made amazing and timely saves (they have not all been easy) but I won't pencil him as next season's starter. It could be a 1A/1A situation, intriguing

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Too early. I agree Keumper has been great but so has the D who are limiting chances largely to the perimeter. The same thing they did last year when Raanta had a great run down the stretch and Adin Hill this season during the period where he was deemed the superior option to Keumper. We have a 1A/1B situation and we are fine with it.
Agree with most of this but Kuemper is a Vezina candidate. I think he is second in save % for goal tenders with 50 or more games. In any event, good to have two solid net minders, one will get hurt or one will not play well.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
If we can get to a place where our situation is like (of all people) Lehner and Greiss this particular year...fantastic.
I really like what they are doing there.
2 starters are great. both goálies are well rested and get prime time minutes. good for health and the team.
I would run with that.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
3rd star of the week with 2-0-1, 0.65 GAA, .979 SV%, 2 Shutouts
Bob was 1st star with 4-0-0, 1 GAA, .966 SV% and 2 shutouts
Would've had Kuemper before Bobrovsky, GAA and SV% should outweight wins when you compare goalie stats imo

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agree with most of this but Kuemper is a Vezina candidate. I think he is second in save % for goal tenders with 50 or more games. In any event, good to have two solid net minders, one will get hurt or one will not play well.
You have a short memory. After we traded for Kuemper his play was much to be desired, with us, Team Canada ( whatever that tournament was called) and the start of this year. Hill came up and played very well, and there was talk on this board (as if that means anything) that thought Hill could be a starter and Kuemper the back up. It was then that Kuemper went on his hot streak and has not looked back. Is Kuemper a one year wonder? Has he finally arrived? The same thing is kind of happening in Colorado. Next preseason will be interesting. Like you said, good to have two solid net minders. What happens if we have three?:)

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Then why expose Raanta? I would trade him and get assets if it came down to it.

Personally, I think you are thinking to much ahead here.

It's gonna be an expansion - draft. It will be in May-June 2021.

The team will lose one good player at that stage.

Just don't give out NMCs like candy.

Reactions: _Del_ and Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad