Darcy Kuemper goes crazy after Max Jones goal

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Kuemper is a good teammate, not a baby. I guarantee you everyone on his team loves what he did.

Of course teammates are going to love it when you attack opposing players, because hockey culture rewards reffing unfairness, emotional immaturity and violence in the service of self-interest. Still a baby, though. Jones was the one who showed tenacity and skill.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Of course teammates are going to love it when you attack opposing players, because hockey culture rewards reffing unfairness, emotional immaturity and violence in the service of self-interest. Still a baby, though. Jones was the one who showed tenacity and skill.

Your lens is too wide.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
I'm pretty chill. Not a fan of either team. Think Kuemper's a fine goalie. But it's stuff like this that masquerades as toughness but really perpetuates dumb codes.

Reactions: Static

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, should've been a penalty, but you don't taunt in hockey like that. The goal speaks for itself.

Go celebrate with your teammates. You do what Jones did and you'll get a response every time.

Besides, it's not Coyotes fault refs didn't call a penalty, and a crosscheck to the back is standard practice when you decide to hang around the net like that.

What? Tonnes of NHLers taunt like that. Do you honestly not believe trash talk and extreme emotions are not a staple of hockey culture? There are Byng Candidates that probably would have done worse here LOL.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Jones is cocky as hell

I saw him in London, On once when he came in to the store I was at and announced loudly "I'm max Jones and I play for the Knights"

Like first words out of his mouth

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What? Tonnes of NHLers taunt like that. Do you honestly not believe trash talk and extreme emotions are not a staple of hockey culture? There are Byng Candidates that probably would have done worse here LOL.

You don't taunt in hockey like that ... and not expect a response. Yes, there's taunting/chirping in hockey, but you do it after a goal and you'll get a punch to the face.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You don't taunt in hockey like that ... and not expect a response. Yes, there's taunting/chirping in hockey, but you do it after a goal and you'll get a punch to the face.
If your going to throw the types of cross checks you should at least prevent the guy from scoring

Reactions: Lurch

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, if you're gonna sit in the crease and trash talk after scoring, you're gonna get hit. Good for Kuemper.

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Really - the horrible cross checks that caused Jones to swan dive WHILE watching the referee for his score..

amazing the first emotion i see this season is a clip from anaheim/phoenix.. good on everyone involved

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
So, cool to crosscheck a guy in the numbers a couple times, not cool to yell at him after scoring. Weird standard.

Honor culture can look weird from the exterior (and does not tend to be fully logical), hockey is a sport in which 2 people fighting often say to each other good job buddy on the ice when separating from each other.

How you celebrate a goal-point has a long list of code under honor culture sport like baseball and hockey, it is part of their beauty in a way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad