Dany Roussin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

FWIW, I spoke to FL's head of scouting back during the rookie camp in June or July and the team is extremely pleased with Roussin and the ability to get him in the 7th round. From the sounds of it, the organization will give him every chance to make it to the NHL and I believe the organization isn't going to try to rush him either. It's a little early at this point to say that he'll never make the NHL. When compared to the other FL prospects, there were times he stood out and times when he didn't. He could be another prospect not unlike another FL player in Juraj Kolnik (but with a bigger frame)...may take him a few yrs to fully develop but could be a serviceable 2nd liner.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
bruins4777 said:
From what i'm hearing, it sounds like dany roussin is the next simon gamache? :dunno:
Nothing like Gamache, IMO. Gamache is dynamic and can make plays, but he's small. Roussin has decent size, but he's a pure finisher. The Robitaille comparison is valid (if overly hopeful). I'd prefer to compare him to Mathieu Benoit (hi Devils fans) instead of Robitaille, however. And about 6 years from now, I'd expect Roussin to be about where Benoit is today. (Though I hope not).

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Blind Gardien said:
Nothing like Gamache, IMO. Gamache is dynamic and can make plays, but he's small. Roussin has decent size, but he's a pure finisher. The Robitaille comparison is valid (if overly hopeful). I'd prefer to compare him to Mathieu Benoit (hi Devils fans) instead of Robitaille, however. And about 6 years from now, I'd expect Roussin to be about where Benoit is today. (Though I hope not).

How about Pierre Dagenais? He and Roussin seem to have some things in common although Dagenais was a much higher pick.

Lupul15

May 6, 2004
MTL
Flames Draft Watcher said:
How about Pierre Dagenais? He and Roussin seem to have some things in common although Dagenais was a much higher pick.

I was thinking the same thing. Pure goalscorer, not much speed ( although he has more than Dagenais at the same age ) and goot shot ( not better than Dagenais' one )

I expect him to have the same kind of NHL carreer then Dagenais is having right now... I don't like Pierre but he could turn thing around and have a good carreer. Just like Roussin can, but it will take a long time...

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Dagenais-ish, okay... but I wouldn't label Roussin as being quite as much a one-trick pony as Dagenais. Dagenais has a really great release, a real quick hard shot. I don't know that Roussin has any special weapon as his shot, more that he just finds the right places to go to and the right places in the net to send the puck. Roussin is more well-rounded than Dagenais ever was, I suppose. But in terms of the role they would project to in the NHL, it's about the same.

In terms of where Dagenais was picked, well, scouts get excited about height, and when you put his shot and his height together, maybe that made him a more attractive pick and the Devils thought they could team him how to skate and all the rest. :dunno:

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
First of all for those who are saying that Simon Gamache isn't good you don't know nothin at all.

Gamache will be a good player in the nhl someday (like Audette or Briere)

Briere was a small player and it takes a lot of times before he starts to play and to put up good numbers in the nhl. I think the same thing will happen with Gamache

For Roussin if he score a goal per game in a league with great goalie, it's because the guy know how to score. And will be able to do it in the nhl. (But he will play in the ahl a long time before)

bruins4777*

I really like gamache, but i don't think he'll get a chance on an ALREADY undersized nashville team. He strikes me as a player who needs icetime to succeed and with the way nashville is they need more size up front rather than another guy like gamache who already has issues.

However i really do think gamache has NHL potential he just needs a chance on the top 2 lines. I hope he makes it one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->