Dany Roussin to Kings at #50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So how good is Roussin?

As a Kings fan, I am ecstatic that they were able to get Kopitar at #11.
I hope Kopitar comes over to play for the Regina Pats this year, who selected him in the CHL import draft.

As for Roussin, I hope he's good enough to make the Kings Manchester team in the AHL. With guys like Dustin Brown and Mike Cammalleri moving up to the Kings this year, there will be a few open spots.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Peter James Bond said:
So how good is Roussin?

As a Kings fan, I am ecstatic that they were able to get Kopitar at #11.
I hope Kopitar comes over to play for the Regina Pats this year, who selected him in the CHL import draft.

As for Roussin, I hope he's good enough to make the Kings Manchester team in the AHL. With guys like Dustin Brown and Mike Cammalleri moving up to the Kings this year, there will be a few open spots.
Well he improved alot playing with Crosby... and i think it will actually stay. Very good shot.. he knows how to put the puck in the net, he just need a center to put the puck on his tape. Could turn out to be a 2nd liner but who knows its a wild card.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I think this player s overrated , but at this point in the draft and with 2 2nd round pick the Kings did a good pick .

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
He went to the perfect location in L.A. Roussin plays like Lucky Luc Robitaille, so where else but L.A. to get tutored from one of the best.

I love the pick.

gabpas

Jan 25, 2003
Aylmer
Visit site
Roussin reminds me of Robitaille in many ways having seen both of them play junior. I don't know if Roussin has Robitaille's will to make it but hopefully so. A good pick by the kings because Pittsburgh had him all lined up at 60

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Roussin will be junior hockey's equivalent of Andrew Gordon. Who's Andrew Gordon? He was Sidney Crosby's linemate in midget AAA Halifax in 2002 when Crosby let that loop in scoring as a 15-year-old.

Gordon was good enough to play at the famed Notre Dame hockey factory in Wilcox, Sask., good enough to get drafted in the late rounds in 2004 by Washington, and good enough to get an NCAA scholly, but take it from a guy who watched him, won't be good enough to make it to the show. Roussin will be remembered mainly as Crosby's linemate in junior, who, through playing with Crosby, experienced things most of us could only dream about (QMJHL title, consecutive 100-point seasons, getting drafted in the second round), but won't be good enough to play in the show on a consistent basis.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
God Bless Canada said:
Roussin will be junior hockey's equivalent of Andrew Gordon. Who's Andrew Gordon? He was Sidney Crosby's linemate in midget AAA Halifax in 2002 when Crosby let that loop in scoring as a 15-year-old.

Gordon was good enough to play at the famed Notre Dame hockey factory in Wilcox, Sask., good enough to get drafted in the late rounds in 2004 by Washington, and good enough to get an NCAA scholly, but take it from a guy who watched him, won't be good enough to make it to the show. Roussin will be remembered mainly as Crosby's linemate in junior, who, through playing with Crosby, experienced things most of us could only dream about (QMJHL title, consecutive 100-point seasons, getting drafted in the second round), but won't be good enough to play in the show on a consistent basis.

Nice. So you're basing this all on the fact that he was Crosby's linemate. :rolleyes:

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Legionnaire said:
Well then Edmonton must be very dissapointed with drafting Pouliot then. He must not going to make the NHL either.
IMO Pouliot has a greater chance to make the NHL, its because ROUSSIN is more like a 1 dimentional player..

CoolburnIsGone

This was a smart and calculated risk. Roussin can play 2 positions...center & left wing. He still has to work on his strength which should help him not get knocked off the puck so easily. But he definitely has 2nd line sniper written all over him...if he's committed to getting stronger. Its not like Crosby just bounced the puck off the kid for 2 yrs...that nose for the net isn't a fluke. And its always funny to read opinions from his detractors (like before the draft everyone was saying it was impossible to see this kid get picked in the 2nd or 3rd round).

And FYI, when Crosby was at the various tournaments, Roussin was still able to produce without him. There were plenty of times that Pouliot was injured or not playing on the same line as Crosby & Roussin when they were in Rimouski. Kings fans should be happy with the pick IMO. Florida fans should be pissed because Roussin & his agent were justified in asking for around 2nd round money and not getting the deal in on time was Keenan's fault for playing hard ball too hard.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Roussin is extremely overrated and his skill was inflated by being Crosby's linemate. I think the Kings should just use him to bait the Penguins as payback for giving us Straka. Maybe we can trade him for Welch straight up? Im sure Crosby would urge the Mario to make it happen if the offer was on the table.

IceKatsRHot

Mar 14, 2003
Winter Park
www.hfboards.com
theBob said:
Roussin is extremely overrated and his skill was inflated by being Crosby's linemate. I think the Kings should just use him to bait the Penguins as payback for giving us Straka. Maybe we can trade him for Welch straight up? Im sure Crosby would urge the Mario to make it happen if the offer was on the table.

I don't know if he is extremely overrated but I strongly believe that the Kings motive behind selecting him this early because they knew the Penguins would pick him with their next pick and might overpay for him if any other team took him

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Pouliot was already doing great without Crosby just like Roussin was. Crosby did help to boost their point total (even more true for Roussin than Pouliot) but Pouliot will be a good 2nd line center. As for Roussin, he has to round up is overall game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->