Player Discussion Danton Heinen

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
if nothing else i'll be excited to watch the ducks tomorow to see how everyone looks.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Yes! Ritchie is finally going to be able to play his game as a Bruin and hopefully finally score 20+ goals with half of them on us

Heinen = Waiver player on a stacked Boston team.

Apparently Boston may have offered a 2nd round pick for Goodrow so Tampa offered their 1st. We wouldn't even get a 2nd round pick for Ritchie... nice!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yes! Ritchie is finally going to be able to play his game as a Bruin and hopefully finally score 20+ goals with half of them on us

Heinen = Waiver player on a stacked Boston team.

Apparently Boston may have offered a 2nd round pick for Goodrow so Tampa offered their 1st. We wouldn't even get a 2nd round pick for Ritchie... nice!
?

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I feel like Heinen's tenure will pass by without any real note - not disappointing, not standing out, just...someone who happened to be in our top-6 for a few years that you can't really remember when it comes up in a trivia contest.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
As someone said already, his scouting report sounds a lot like silf but as a passer instead of a shooter.

Let's hope he continues to develop.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
As someone said already, his scouting report sounds a lot like silf but as a passer instead of a shooter.

Let's hope he continues to develop.
That would be what we would hope for, but don't think Heinen has nearly as much improvement in him. Silf had only played one season of hockey in NA before we acquired him. Heinen, even though he's not that old, has been around a while and has played a ton of NHL games.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
That would be what we would hope for, but don't think Heinen has nearly as much improvement in him. Silf had only played one season of hockey in NA before we acquired him. Heinen, even though he's not that old, has been around a while and has played a ton of NHL games.
Silfverberg wasn't effective for two full years here though, around age 26. We said the same things about him until probably the second half of the 2016/2017 season.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Silfverberg wasn't effective for two full years here though, around age 26. We said the same things about him until probably the second half of the 2016/2017 season.
Yeah that’s kind of what I’m saying. Silf didn’t really take off until he had 3-4 full seasons under his belt. Heinen has already had that. I mean, obviously I hope improvement comes with age more than experience. But because of Silf’s situation, I feel he had way more room to get better when we acquired him than Heinen.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Didn't he have like 7 points at the 50 game mark that season? He made massive strides both offensively and defensively that year.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Didn't he have like 7 points at the 50 game mark that season? He made massive strides both offensively and defensively that year.
Actually I think it might have been the 2014-15 season. He hit 20 goals for the first time and then had 18 points in 16 games in the playoffs.

2016-17 is when he really took off as one of our best forwards though.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH

Congrats on your 1st goal as a Duck.

I am so happy for Danton. I liked him as a Bruin. He may not wow you with offense often, but he works hard in the corners, digging the puck out to his linemates and he barely takes any penalties. Many of us think he hasn't played to his potential yet- maybe a new environment will help him with that. I wish him nothing but the best in Anaheim.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I am so happy for Danton. I liked him as a Bruin. He may not wow you with offense often, but he works hard in the corners, digging the puck out to his linemates and he barely takes any penalties. Many of us think he hasn't played to his potential yet- maybe a new environment will help him with that. I wish him nothing but the best in Anaheim.
Thanks. I liked him as a Bruin, and am glad he's here! We wish him the best too!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
IMO LR, I think that maybe Danton is more of a California type of guy. Cerebral, laid back but when the games start he hits a switch and turns it on. Not a hilite kind of player but a guy who puts himself and his team in a position to win. Rarely did we see him make plays that hurt the Bruins, but he never seemed to gel the way some other guys did. NOT his fault he just didn't "fit" in a weird way. I'm going to try to peak in on some Ducks games to watch how he and Backes etc are doing. I wish them and the Ducks all the luck in the world. The Ducks are my new "other" team that I'll root for. My grandchildren both play hockey and just watched the Mighty Ducks movie so they both root for the Ducks too...Cute! Glad to see the Ducks bitch-slap the TML the other night too: Classic!

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
This guy is such a talent but a jacks of all trades. I cant find a line to fit him in

Heinen, silf, henrique may work, but you dont have the sharp shooter who just shoots.

Heinen, bald, and rakell also doesnt work

Heinen, bald, and terry also doesnt work

I can see heinen, spronger and bald, but thats about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad